watch multiple repos

jeffre...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2013, 9:55:37 PM10/8/13
to heso...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, thanks a lot for the project, it looks like it does just what i need.

Just one question, is it possible to watch all repos in a directory and glob everything under it (ex. /repos/*) to discover/add new ones when they appear? It doesn't look like something like this is supported but I could be mistaken?

thanks!

Matthew DeVore

Oct 9, 2013, 10:24:04 AM10/9/13
to heso...@googlegroups.com, jeffre...@gmail.com
Hi, welcome to the forum! There is no support for this, but it would be nice to have, so I created an issue here: https://github.com/google/hesokuri/issues/8

If you plan to regularly add repos to the config file, I would put the config file in a repo, and sync that with Hesokuri. That way, when you create a new repo, you only have about two more steps before the repo is on every peer. Here's how it works:
  1. [Before starting Hesokuri, you set the HESOCFG environment var to something like ~/some-git-repo/hesocfg]
  2. You edit the config file with the new repo
  3. Hesokuri automatically reads the changed config and starts managing the new repo
  4. You commit the config file
  5. Hesokuri pushes the config file to the other peers
  6. Hesokuri (running on the other peers) merges the new config file
  7. Similar to step 3, the other peers automatically see the changed config file and restart
Hopefully that work flow will be good enough for you for the time being.

Thanks,
Matt