Re: [help-cfengine] Modular policies with autorun and the augments_file - See more at: https://cfengine.com/company/blog

Nick Anderson

Aug 9, 2016, 12:04:05 PM8/9/16
to help-c...@googlegroups.com
On 08/09/2016 09:53 AM, Christian Linden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how will the /services/ssh/def.cf look like regarding to
> https://cfengine.com/company/blog-detail/modular-policies-with-autorun-and-the-augments_file/
> Does any Service Need ist own def.cf using def.json?

No there is nothing special requiring any specific policy file names.

That post pulled in policy from this repo:

https://github.com/nickanderson/cfengine-ssh

And the def.cf in that small policy simply defined the additional inputs
that should be loaded.

https://github.com/nickanderson/cfengine-ssh/blob/master/def.cf

So instead of this:

{
"classes":
{
"services_autorun": [ "any" ]
},

"inputs": [ "services/ssh/def.cf" ]
}

I could have done this:

{
"classes":
{
"services_autorun": [ "any" ]
},

"inputs": [
"services/ssh/policy/inventory_ssh_host_key_fingerprints.cf",
"services/ssh/policy/inventory_duplicate_ssh_host_key_fingerprints.cf" ]
}

signature.asc

Christian Linden

Aug 10, 2016, 7:21:05 AM8/10/16
to help-cfengine
thanks, the ladder one is what I'd understood =)