Package Update in CFEngine

Girish Kg

Jul 20, 2016, 10:49:45 AM7/20/16
to help-cfengine
Hi,

I would like to turn off the automatic package update in CFEngine because some of my repos are not stable and may not be available during a CFEngine run. This causes CFEngine execution takes long time to complete ( CFEngine tries multiple times to connect to the repos) . I am using the V3.6.2 in SUSE 11.3 .  A class called 'PackageInstall' added to the promises where the package installation intended, even added to "the lib/3.6/package.cf"- expect that CFEngine tries for the package update only when the class is set.

suse.PackageInstall::

package_changes =>"bulk";

 It seems work if I use "cf-agent -I". But  "cf-agent -KI" ignores the classes and tries to install the packages . The  "/var/cfengine/state/software_packages.csv" file is also updated . Can someone guide me how to turn off the automatic package update? is there a way other than setting "list_update_ifelapsed" variable to a higher value ?

Thanks

Regards
Gireesh

Christian Linden

Jul 21, 2016, 8:06:02 AM7/21/16
to help-cfengine
Hi Gireesh,

usually the agent shouldn't be called with the -K option.
You can lock packages by zypper addlock as well.

Chris