Martin Gehrke presents "Real World Integration with CFEngine" at Ohio Linux Fest, October 7th

Aleksey Tsalolikhin

Sep 16, 2016, 12:06:53 PM9/16/16
to help-cfengine
Marty's on the https://ohiolinux.org/schedule/ ! Yay!

Real World Integration with CFEngine

CFEngine is an open source configuration management solution we use at Two Sigma. It is leveraged to build and maintain our base platform solution, upon which all our services are built. Starting with version 3.7, CFEngine can read and use JSON. This allowed us to integrate it to our CMDB, enabling us to provide more self-services to our end users. I explain the engineering choices we made we made to bridge CFEngine to our CMDB, its limitations, and what we did to overcome them. I’ll also discuss how we are working with CFEngine to address its deficiencies in using JSON and interacting with external data sources.

Mike Weilgart and I will be at OLF too, teaching Git and Time Management for System Administrators.

Yours fondly,

-at

--
Need training on CFEngine, Git or Time Management?  Email trai...@verticalsysadmin.com.

Christian Linden

Sep 19, 2016, 5:27:29 AM9/19/16
to help-cfengine
Hi Aleksey,

if this is going to be recorded pls post the link later, thank you!

Best,
Chris