No cfengine_stlib.cf

Kevin Armstrong

Oct 1, 2015, 3:40:33 PM10/1/15
to help-c...@googlegroups.com
When I try running a cf policy that requires cfengine_stlib.cf, I get this error:

2015-10-01T11:32:34-0700    error: Can't stat file './libraries/cfengine_stdlib.cf' for parsing. (stat: No such file or directory)

I've tried locating the file but it does not exist on my system. Why not? Can anyone help me resolve this issue? thanks.

System Configuration:

CentOS 6.5 (virtual machine)
CFEngine 3.6
CPU 1
Memory 2048MB

Nick Anderson

Oct 1, 2015, 6:18:53 PM10/1/15
to Kevin Armstrong, help-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Looks like you might have an old policy file. The MPF has split the stdlib up for a while now. Relative to the root of masterfiles instead of trying to include cfengine_stdlib.cf include lib/3.6/stdlib.cf

If you can share the policy file your trying to run it might help.

Ted Zlatanov

Oct 2, 2015, 3:24:34 PM10/2/15
to help-c...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 15:18:50 -0700 Nick Anderson <nick.a...@cfengine.com> wrote:

NA> Relative to the root of masterfiles instead of trying to include
NA> cfengine_stdlib.cf include lib/3.6/stdlib.cf

It's best to use `$(sys.libdir)/stdlib.cf` which will work for all
releases from 3.6 on. In 3.8 it will be `lib/stdlib.cf` again, and you
don't have to worry about it either way.

Ted

Kevin Armstrong

Oct 3, 2015, 2:22:44 AM10/3/15
to help-c...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the solution, Ted. It worked after I changed the path. Thank you for the support.