About newest cfe-releases

Igor Goncharenko

Aug 16, 2017, 8:25:27 AM8/16/17
to help-cfengine
Hi!

Just FYI, we still use 3.7.X in all our environments (>3000 hosts) because:
CFE-2551
CFE-2536

Therefore newest releases are useless for testing/using (for us).

Thanks,

---
Igor Goncharenko

Ted Zlatanov

Aug 16, 2017, 9:37:26 AM8/16/17
to help-c...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 05:25:27 -0700 (PDT) Igor Goncharenko <igor.gon...@gmail.com> wrote:

IG> Just FYI, we still use 3.7.X in all our environments (>3000 hosts) because:
IG> CFE-2551 <https://tracker.mender.io/browse/CFE-2551>
IG> CFE-2536 <https://tracker.mender.io/browse/CFE-2536>

IG> Therefore newest releases are useless for testing/using (for us).

Have you considered using data containers instead of classic CFEngine
arrays? They will work better for the cases cited in those tickets and
will make your policies cleaner.

Ted

Igor Goncharenko

Oct 17, 2017, 8:33:27 AM10/17/17
to help-cfengine
CFE-2536 : Removing double-index array not a big problem. We have some old historical code, but we already on the way to rewrite it for json.
CFE-2551 : This is main problem. Bult-in function megredata is one of basic function for manipulating json data with other data in our code. As i can see this is an weird situation - since nobody reported about this problem - then nobody uses this function.