Developer documentation on enterprise version

Rama

Jun 20, 2016, 9:09:15 PM6/20/16
to help-cfengine
We currently have the community version deployed on a network of few hundred embedded devices.

I'm doing a quick eval and customer demo of enterprise, using 3.7.3 for this. If successful, this work will involve deployment on a large network of embedded devices (>2000). Substantial customisation work is also likely required.

I am wondering if :

1. There is a debian package or any form of pre-built binaries for PPC and ARM platforms running  linux. If not, I am happy to attempt a build for these 2 plats from source if I can get my hands on it.

2. Is there eany developer level documentation on the postgres schemas, rest API for extension of the UI etc. ?

Bas van der Vlies

Jun 21, 2016, 3:25:47 AM6/21/16
to Rama, help-cfengine

> On 21 jun. 2016, at 03:09, Rama <ramakan...@vixtechnology.com> wrote:
>
> We currently have the community version deployed on a network of few hundred embedded devices.
>
> I'm doing a quick eval and customer demo of enterprise, using 3.7.3 for this. If successful, this work will involve deployment on a large network of embedded devices (>2000). Substantial customisation work is also likely required.
>
> I am wondering if :
>
> 1. There is a debian package or any form of pre-built binaries for PPC and ARM platforms running linux. If not, I am happy to attempt a build for these 2 plats from source if I can get my hands on it.

http://www.cfengineers.net/downloads/cfengine-community-packages/

In house we build for out Raspberry PI’s and for intel debian machines with the aid of the Debian work, But we use some different locations for masterfiles. But this is easily adjusted:
* https://github.com/basvandervlies/core/tree/3.7.x_surfsara

---
Bas van der Vlies
| Operations, Support & Development | SURFsara | Science Park 140 | 1098 XG Amsterdam
| T +31 (0) 20 800 1300 | bas.van...@surfsara.nl | www.surfsara.nl |

Nick Anderson

Jun 21, 2016, 9:41:24 AM6/21/16
to help-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rama,

On 06/20/2016 08:09 PM, Rama wrote:
> We currently have the community version deployed on a network of few
> hundred embedded devices.
> I am wondering if :
>
> 1. There is a debian package or any form of pre-built binaries for PPC
> and ARM platforms running linux. If not, I am happy to attempt a build
> for these 2 plats from source if I can get my hands on it.

Currently no enterprise builds are available. If you would like to
discuss access to enterprise source I would recommend sending an email
to con...@cfengine.com. We have had arrangements that include access to
Enterprise sources before.

It would also be useful if you can include the specific hardware details
where you plan to run it.

> 2. Is there eany developer level documentation on the postgres schemas,
> rest API for extension of the UI etc. ?

There is an API Reference and documentation on the SQL Schema.

https://docs.cfengine.com/lts/reference-enterprise-api-ref.html
https://docs.cfengine.com/lts/reference-enterprise-api-ref-sql-schema.html

There is no documentation related to extending the UI. If you are
interested in that I think it would be best to email con...@cfengine.com

signature.asc