changing perms of a socket

Gregory Matthews

Nov 13, 2017, 6:32:39 AM11/13/17
to help-c...@googlegroups.com
It looks like we are running into a supposedly fixed bug. We have this
bit of example code:

# force mysql socket to be writable.
"$(mysql_dir)/mysql.sock"
perms => m("0777"),
comment => "make socket world writable";

which results in this verbose log:

verbose: P: Comment: make socket world writable
verbose: Using literal pathtype for '/exports/mysql/mysql.sock'
verbose: Handling file existence constraints on
'/exports/mysql/mysql.sock'
error: chmod failed on '/exports/mysql/mysql.sock'. (chmod: No such
device or address)
verbose: Additional promise info: source path
'/var/cfengine/inputs/mariadb.cf' at line 68 comment 'make socket world
writable'
verbose: Basedir '/exports/mysql/mysql.sock' not promising anything
verbose: A: Promise was KEPT

note the chmod failure.

also note, that the promise is KEPT despite not being able to set the
perms as promised.

note finally, that a "sudo chmod 0777 /exports/mysql/mysql.sock" works
as expected.

I found this:

https://tracker.mender.io/browse/CFE-1782

which claims it is "fixed"

We are running v3.10.0

GREG

--
Greg Matthews 01235 778658
Scientific Computing Group Leader

Nick Anderson

Nov 13, 2017, 9:52:53 AM11/13/17
to help-cfengine
Hi Greg,

I reopened https://tracker.mender.io/browse/CFE-1782. I was able to reproduce issues setting permissions on a socket.

Gregory Matthews

Nov 13, 2017, 10:56:40 AM11/13/17
to Nick Anderson, help-cfengine
thanks Nick - excellent response time!

On 13/11/17 14:52, 'Nick Anderson' via help-cfengine wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> I reopened https://tracker.mender.io/browse/CFE-1782. I was able to
> reproduce issues setting permissions on a socket.

Aleksey Tsalolikhin

Nov 13, 2017, 11:40:24 AM11/13/17
to Gregory Matthews, Nick Anderson, help-cfengine
 Nick's the bomb-digetty.

Gregory Matthews

Jan 19, 2018, 7:30:58 AM1/19/18
to Aleksey Tsalolikhin, Nick Anderson, help-cfengine
just realised, I wasn't following this bug and hadn't spotted that it
was fixed "in 3.10.3". This version doesn't turn up here:

https://cfengine.com/product/community/

latest is v3.10.2. When might the new version be available?

GREG

On 13/11/17 16:40, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
>  Nick's the bomb-digetty.
>
> On Nov 13, 2017 7:56 AM, "Gregory Matthews" <greg.m...@diamond.ac.uk
> <mailto:greg.m...@diamond.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
> thanks Nick - excellent response time!

> On 13/11/17 14:52, 'Nick Anderson' via help-cfengine wrote:
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> I reopened https://tracker.mender.io/browse/CFE-1782
> <https://tracker.mender.io/browse/CFE-1782>. I was able to
> send an email to help-cfengin...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:help-cfengine%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> <mailto:help-c...@googlegroups.com>.
> <https://groups.google.com/group/help-cfengine>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Nick Anderson

Jan 19, 2018, 8:53:00 AM1/19/18
to help-cfengine
We will make announcements when we releae. Soon TM.

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 6:30:58 AM UTC-6, Gregory Matthews wrote:
just realised, I wasn't following this bug and hadn't spotted that it
was fixed "in 3.10.3". This version doesn't turn up here:

https://cfengine.com/product/community/

latest is v3.10.2. When might the new version be available?

GREG

On 13/11/17 16:40, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
>   Nick's the bomb-digetty.
>
> On Nov 13, 2017 7:56 AM, "Gregory Matthews" <greg.m...@diamond.ac.uk
>     <mailto:help-cfengine%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
>     Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/help-cfengine
>     <https://groups.google.com/group/help-cfengine>.
>     <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Aleksey Tsalolikhin

Jan 19, 2018, 10:30:37 AM1/19/18
to help-cfengine
It's in the works, mate. =)

Gregory Matthews

Jan 22, 2018, 8:56:56 AM1/22/18
to Aleksey Tsalolikhin, help-cfengine
grand. looking forward to it.

On 19/01/18 15:30, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
> It's in the works, mate. =)

Nick Anderson

Feb 23, 2018, 8:59:09 AM2/23/18
to help-cfengine

I think you saw already, but 3.10.3 is out.