CFEngine 3.7.7 and 3.10.3 released

Eystein Stenberg

Feb 5, 2018, 8:05:51 PM2/5/18
to help-cfengine
Dear CFEngine Community,

Today we release CFEngine 3.7.7 LTS and 3.10.3 LTS, maintenance releases in the 3.7.x and 3.10.x Long-Term Support branches.

You can read the highlights of this release in our blog post: https://cfengine.com/company/blog-detail/cfengine-3-7-7-lts-and-3-10-3-lts-released/

Download the packages for 3.7.7 LTS and 3.10.3 LTS from the community download page: https://cfengine.com/product/community/
If you prefer to build from source, you can find tarballs here: https://cfengine.com/product/community/source-code/

Many thanks to our community for the contributions and please let us know if you have any feedback on the releases!

--

Eystein Stenberg
Northern.Tech AS

Gregory Matthews

Feb 23, 2018, 8:11:34 AM2/23/18
to Eystein Stenberg
I'm interested in this:

"* The Debian 7 / Ubuntu 14 and Red Hat / CentOS 6 packages provide
stability and performance enhancements for these platforms, but these
platforms can also use the generic 64-bit packages."

is it documented somewhere what these enhancements are?

GREG
> --

Greg Matthews 01235 778658
Scientific Computing Group Leader
Diamond Light Source Ltd. OXON UK

Nick Anderson

Feb 23, 2018, 8:57:59 AM2/23/18
to help-cfengine
I believe that robust mutex support is the key difference in the packges.

Gregory Matthews

Feb 23, 2018, 9:08:01 AM2/23/18
to help-cfengine
On 23/02/18 13:57, 'Nick Anderson' via help-cfengine wrote:
> I believe that robust mutex support is the key difference in the packges.

had a quick poll of the office and non of us really know what this is or
how desirable!

GREG

Nick Anderson

Feb 23, 2018, 9:22:53 AM2/23/18