HS + Solr 5

crawdaddy

Mar 4, 2015, 2:51:36 PM3/4/15
to helio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yonik,

Wondering if/when we'll see a new HS release based on Solr 5?

Otis Gospodnetic

Mar 5, 2015, 12:15:47 AM3/5/15
to helio...@googlegroups.com
My understanding is that Yonik is at Cloudera now and Cloudera is investing in Solr, not Heliosearch...

Otis
Solr & Elasticsearch Support * http://sematext.com/

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:51 PM, crawdaddy <acro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Yonik,

Wondering if/when we'll see a new HS release based on Solr 5?

crawdaddy

Mar 10, 2015, 2:36:44 PM3/10/15
to helio...@googlegroups.com
Got it - thanks Otis.

Achim Domma

Mar 25, 2015, 12:14:08 PM3/25/15
to helio...@googlegroups.com
Does this mean, that HS is more or less dead? Does anybody know something about plans to port the new facetting stuff back to SOLR?

cheers,
Achim

Hyunseung Yoo

Mar 25, 2015, 12:24:59 PM3/25/15
to helio...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I want to see HS keep moving on. If not possible, I would like the JSONFacet transplanted in Apache-Solr. Do you have any plan?

Otis Gospodnetic

Mar 25, 2015, 2:09:54 PM3/25/15
to helio...@googlegroups.com
I think it already happened.

Otis
Solr & Elasticsearch Support * http://sematext.com/

Yonik Seeley

Mar 25, 2015, 4:03:14 PM3/25/15
to helio...@googlegroups.com
Indeed. I've moved a bunch of stuff already.
http://yonik.com/json-facet-api/
http://yonik.com/solr-json-request-api/
http://yonik.com/percentiles-for-solr-faceting/ (just did it today,
and it wasn't formerly in heliosearch)

Those will be in Solr 5.1, which is coming up quickly.

-Yonik

ankita patel

Mar 25, 2015, 11:06:18 PM3/25/15
to helio...@googlegroups.com

Can anybody let me know how to change/replace configuration files in Sole 5 like schema file, solrconfig file etc....

Achim Domma

Mar 26, 2015, 10:05:24 AM3/26/15
to helio...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great! Very happy to hear! :-)