Start HelioSearch in the background

已查看 26 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Krunal Jariwala

未读,
2015年1月8日 05:28:192015/1/8
收件人 helio...@googlegroups.com
When I Start Solr on windows using HelioSearch HDS, it start a Java Console application similar to cmd on windows and when this is closed, the Solr is stopped.

Is there any way to run this in the background when system start even without login? So there is no console window visible.

Vadim Kirilchuk

未读,
2015年1月8日 06:05:052015/1/8
收件人 helio...@googlegroups.com

When I Start Solr on windows using HelioSearch HDS, it start a Java Console application similar to cmd on windows and when this is closed, the Solr is stopped.

Is there any way to run this in the background when system start even without login? So there is no console window visible.

Krunal Jariwala

未读,
2015年1月8日 07:17:422015/1/8
收件人 helio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vadim,

Is there any other solution that doesn't involve adding / using any components listed over there! If this is possible, we would not like to use such third party tools / wrappers.

And which service wrapper do you suggest! (we're looking to use something that's easy to setup and use!)

Thanks,
Krunal

Vadim Kirilchuk

未读,
2015年1月8日 11:27:372015/1/8
收件人 helio...@googlegroups.com
1) Assuming that you want it to work without login I would say that the only way is a windows service.
2) Other options would be running a batch file at startup or schedulled task http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21218346/run-batch-file-on-start-up
Also don't forget that if you don't want console you could use http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/javaw.exe.html
javaW instead of java

I didn't use any of them, so I can't recommend the best one. I would try winrun4j, other look less friendly to me.

Krunal Jariwala

未读,
2015年1月9日 02:11:302015/1/9
收件人 helio...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried creating a windows service but it doesn't start Tomcat/Solr server due to some error.

However, running a startup.bat script on System Startup worked well, and I marked to run task as Hidden so it doesn't display console. Do you think this is the best way to run production ready instance of Solr?

Can you also advise how to use javaw, where to change in start-up script? I tried to find but couldn't figure out it myself where should I make change!

Thanks

Alexandre Rafalovitch

未读,
2015年1月9日 10:31:562015/1/9
收件人 helio...@googlegroups.com
This is not an answer to your question, but could be relevant reading for hints:
http://blog.outerthoughts.com/2013/07/setting-up-apache-solr-on-windows-as-a-service/

Regards,
Alex.
----