Column family ID mismatch

sumit thakur

Feb 15, 2012, 6:08:53 AM2/15/12
to hector-users
hello,
1) what is CF-id?

2) should i set this value if creating new CF?

3) I got some exception when trying to update CF.

InvalidRequestException(why:Column family ID mismatch (found 1022;
expected 1021)).

Nate McCall

Feb 15, 2012, 10:23:27 AM2/15/12
to hector...@googlegroups.com
You should not need to worry about CFid. That error implies you have
an older version of hector - upgrade to 1.0-3

sumit thakur

Feb 16, 2012, 12:13:08 AM2/16/12
to hector-users
yes i am using hector-core-1.0-3 ,still i am getting same exception.
Message has been deleted

sumit thakur

Feb 16, 2012, 1:52:30 AM2/16/12
to hector-users
yes i am using hector-core-1.0-3 ,still i am getting same exception.

Exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
at java.util.AbstractList.add(Unknown Source)
at java.util.AbstractList.add(Unknown Source)
at
me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.ThriftCfDef.addColumnDefinition(ThriftCfDef.java:
359)

Nate McCall

Feb 16, 2012, 9:50:49 AM2/16/12
to hector...@googlegroups.com
Oh - do not add then update a column family in two subsequent steps.
Cassandra is still processing the first request internally. Add all
the index creation logic in the same place as column family creation.

You could also try the overloaded call with a "sleep" parameter, but
since you are just creating a single CF, do it all in one place.

sumit thakur

Feb 17, 2012, 5:13:10 AM2/17/12
to hector-users
hello Nate,

thanks for reply,

Q) shall i get any performance issue ,if i will create multiple
indexes on
multiple CF ?

On Feb 16, 7:50 pm, Nate McCall <zznat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh - do not add then update a column family in two subsequent steps.
> Cassandra is still processing the first request internally. Add all
> the index creation logic in the same place as column family creation.
>
> You could also try the overloaded call with a "sleep" parameter, but
> since you are just creating a single CF, do it all in one place.
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM, sumit thakur
>

> <sumitthakur040...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > yes i am using hector-core-1.0-3 ,still i am getting same exception.

Nate McCall

Feb 17, 2012, 8:52:35 AM2/17/12
to hector...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Indexes are actually separate column families under the covers,
so there is overhead associated with them.