Transition Film: Koyaanisqatsi, Life out of Balance, Monday 6th January

Beth Guttridge

Jan 1, 2014, 11:23:19 AM1/1/14
to heart-and-soul-trans...@googlegroups.com
Happy New Year everyone. I hope had (or are continuing to have) a good holiday.

Our next Transition Town Cheltenham film night is Monday 6th January at 7.30pm, when we will be showing "Koyaanisqatsi, Life out of Balance" at St. Mark's Methodist Church, Gloucester Road, GL51 8PX (*not* St Mark C of E on Church Road).

The
Koyaanisqatsi is a Hopi Indian word meaning "life out of balance." A visually arresting art-house film, Koyaanisqatsi is composed of nature imagery juxtaposed with footage of humans' impact on the planet. The musical score was composed by Philip Glass. The film was voted 4th in a poll of favourite Transition-related films.

Tea, coffee and biscuits or cake will be served. There will be chance for a discussion afterwards. There is no charge, but donations will be welcome to cover costs.

For details of the other films we are planning to show see http://www.transitiontowncheltenham.org.uk/events.php#TTCFilms

Beth