[Query] Photoshop and alternatives

Jaideep Tibrewala

Aug 27, 2016, 6:02:31 AM8/27/16
to Headstart Network
Hi all,

My startup needs to either procure license of Photoshop for design work or use an alternative to it.
  • What's the best rate you are now getting for Photoshop?  And what subscription rate are you getting?
  • Also, is anyone successfully using Photoshop in Linux?
  • Alternatively, has anyone successfully shifted from Photoshop to Gimp on Linux?
Would appreciate your inputs on the above.  Thanks much,
Jaideep

Jaspreet Singh

Aug 28, 2016, 2:12:12 PM8/28/16
to jtibr...@gmail.com, Headstart Network
Please keep me in loop as well..

-----------------
Thanks!! and have a nice day!!
Jaspreet

http://www.headstart.in

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/headstart-network
---

Rishi Agrawal

Aug 31, 2016, 3:20:27 AM8/31/16
to Jaspreet Oberoi, jtibr...@gmail.com, Headstart Network
I have been using Gimp from last 7 years. Earlier I used PhotoShop.

Overall I feel that PhotoShop might be better in terms of feature which you do not need.

Gimp provides almost everything you will need to edit images and do some work.
--
Regards,
Rishi Agrawal

A simple act of caring creates an endless ripple.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
Be thoroughly used up when you die, for the harder you work, the more you live.

Rajnikant

Sep 6, 2016, 1:59:36 AM9/6/16
to rishi.b...@gmail.com, Jaspreet Oberoi, jtibr...@gmail.com, Headstart Network
We used Creative Cloud; which seems to be over price. We are paying around 58K + Tax per year for single license. CC comes with whole Adobe product suite; single photoshop license should be cheaper.

Would like to see alternatives and first hand experience.