Live Cricket Scores !

Rohit Pant

Jan 7, 2011, 11:44:01 PM1/7/11
to bangaloreocc, headstar...@googlegroups.com
Dear All:
                Guess what , yesterday Friday afternoon a bunch of us sat together and thought 'let's do something for getting the live cricket scores on mobiles'.

So this is what we did  -

1) We wrote a small server side Java code which runs inside a servlet container to handle the load, hopefully :)

2) We wrote a small android code which runs on the device

3) We don't want the stuff to go down under load , so we load balanced it and for the time being put two tom's behind an apache load balancer

4) We load tested it with 10,0000 concurrent users - our poor server did well - so we are hoping that in real time also it will pass the test, if ever if it tested !

So how do you get this score on your mobile -

1) You need an Android phone to start with (see point 2 below if you don't have android phone) - go to Android market place (via your phone) and search for 'Stragure Cricket' and you will get the app. Download it and install it and we are ready to go.

2) If you don't have an android phone but can browse using your phone then go to your mobile browser and type http://cricscore.info

3) Well last but not the least you can also browse on your web browser at http://cricscore.info but no look and feel there , just plain app

We are sports enthusiasts at Stragure and want to make sure this app gets bigger and better for the upcoming world cup !

regards,
rohit
________________________
co-founder @ stragure

Karan Ahuja

Jan 8, 2011, 1:02:49 AM1/8/11
to bangal...@googlegroups.com, PuneStartups, headstar...@googlegroups.com
Hi

it is possible to get live scrores from rss of cricinfo or other sites .

Is it possible to get the detailed scores (either live or post match)

for example from which source / api can we find out - how much sachin scored ?
I am looking for rss feed or any url which will provide detailed cricket scores

Thanks and regards ,

Karan Ahuja

--
Have you filled in the OCC Bangalore Membership Directory form yet? Help us help you http://bit.ly/bIZ3tt. You can also visit the OCC Bangalore website at http://occbangalore.org.

Rohit Pant

Jan 8, 2011, 1:14:37 AM1/8/11
to bangal...@googlegroups.com, PuneStartups, headstar...@googlegroups.com
would it help you guys if i start giving the scores in XML format ?

i guess that should be straighfwd...

'sent from my mobile device'

--
regards,
rohit
co-founder @ stragure <http://www.stragure.com/>
<http://www.stragure.com/>blog @ smart software<http://www.smartsoftware.info/>

Karan Ahuja

Jan 8, 2011, 6:11:52 AM1/8/11
to bangal...@googlegroups.com, PuneStartups, headstar...@googlegroups.com

the problem is that a source for detailed scores looks unavailable atm

@rohit - are you getting the score from cricinfo rss ?

which source are you using ? does any source except bbc provide the detailed score (each batsmens runs , bowlers wickets and ball by ball update)    ?

unikpro k

Jan 11, 2011, 1:29:29 AM1/11/11
to karan2...@gmail.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, PuneStartups, headstar...@googlegroups.com
Yes thats possible and easy.