Re: [HBRobotics] Wowwee Rovio & API

Andrew G. Miller

Apr 16, 2010, 2:22:04 PM4/16/10
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
My Rovio has the same reconnect problem, even with a static IP.  I doubt the static a IP will help.

BTW, I've been playing with the Rovio API a bit.  If you would like to generate a simple HTML Test page with some of the API commands in their simplest form, enter your Rovio's local IP in this page and save the generated page souce;

                       http://24.6.45.180/cgi-bin/rovio_util.cgi

(My ISP's DHCP provided IP will change eventually, so this link will then be invalid, but it should work for a few weeks or until I re-register my Dyn-DNS.)

It is only a quick test utility, and it's mostly the ReadOnly methods that are part of the Test page.  the CGI just sticks your Rovio's IP into the HTML tags.

API docs PDF is at Wowee.com under Rovio Support.  There are some cut-n-pastey errors in their document, but my API Test Utility page helped me figure out what was what.

The Write methods of the API can be added with a few HTML INPUT statements if someone is ambitious. If you do make Write enhancements, please let me know and I will add them to the .CGI version.

Enjoy,

- Andrew -

Apr 16, 2010, 4:13:47 PM4/16/10
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

Thanks.  This must be what they are using for things like RoboCommander.

Jim, K6JMG
www.spinochio.com

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

//