OutOfMemory when running test application for bug 751 on Hazelcast 1.9.4.6

Rob Burgers

Jan 20, 2012, 5:41:26 AM1/20/12
to Hazelcast, hugo....@ericsson.com
Hi,

Hazelcast 1.9.4.6 contains a fix for:
http://code.google.com/p/hazelcast/issues/detail?id=751

However when I run the test application contained in that bug it fails
after 79 attempts (I tried twice) with an OutOfMemory exception (see
below).
When I run the same test application on Hazelcast 1.9.3 this issue
does not occur.

Should I be worried about this? The test application may be a bit
strange in nature, but I wonder if the issue may surface in a more
common use case as well.

Note: There may be other instances and versions of Hazelcast running
on my network.

Best regards,
Rob Burgers

[WARNING]
at
39)
at
25)
at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecJavaMojo$1.run(ExecJavaMojo.java:
297)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Java heap space
at
com.hazelcast.impl.FactoryImpl.newHazelcastInstanceProxy(FactoryImpl.java:
154)
at
com.hazelcast.core.Hazelcast.newHazelcastInstance(Hazelcast.java:392)
at JoinTest.main(JoinTest.java:27)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(HeapByteBuffer.java:39)
at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(ByteBuffer.java:312)
at com.hazelcast.nio.PipedZipBufferFactory
$PipedZipBufferSupport.<init>(PipedZipBufferFactory.java:157)
at com.hazelcast.nio.PipedZipBufferFactory
$PipedZipBufferSupport.<init>(PipedZipBufferFactory.java:148)
at com.hazelcast.nio.PipedZipBufferFactory
$InflatingPipedBufferImpl.<init>(PipedZipBufferFactory.java:109)
at com.hazelcast.nio.PipedZipBufferFactory
$InflatingPipedBufferImpl.<init>(PipedZipBufferFactory.java:104)
at
com.hazelcast.nio.PipedZipBufferFactory.createInflatingBuffer(PipedZipBufferFactory.java:
42)
at com.hazelcast.impl.management.ManagementCenterService
$UDPListener.<init>(ManagementCenterService.java:183)
at
com.hazelcast.impl.management.ManagementCenterService.<init>(ManagementCenterService.java:
98)
at com.hazelcast.impl.FactoryImpl.<init>(FactoryImpl.java:387)
at
com.hazelcast.impl.FactoryImpl.newHazelcastInstanceProxy(FactoryImpl.java:
107)
... 8 more

Fuad Malikov

Feb 1, 2012, 11:21:48 AM2/1/12
to haze...@googlegroups.com, hugo....@ericsson.com
We finally figured out the problem and fixed it. The fix is in trunk.

Thanks too Eddy van Oosterbosch.

-Fuad

Rob Burgers

Feb 2, 2012, 9:52:11 AM2/2/12
to Hazelcast
Hi Fuad,

Thank for the update.
Hopefully there will be a full release including this fix soon.

Eddy and I are actually colleagues (the solution is completely his).

/Rob