hazel cast takes 2GB memory

asgard

Feb 27, 2012, 6:39:14 AM2/27/12
to Hazelcast
Hi guys:
I have tested hazelcast recently. In my test,I run hazelcast in tomcat
which init in sprint context. I found jVM need more than 2GB memory
as direct memory to run . otherwise, there will be outofmemery error
in log.

at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(HeapByteBuffer.java:39)
at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(ByteBuffer.java:312)
at com.hazelcast.nio.DataHolder.<init>(DataHolder.java:29)
at com.hazelcast.nio.Packet.read(Packet.java:307)
at com.hazelcast.nio.SocketPacketReader
$DefaultPacketReader.readPacket(SocketPacketReader.java:91)
at com.hazelcast.nio.SocketPacketReader.read(SocketPacketReader.java:
65)
at com.hazelcast.nio.ReadHandler.handle(ReadHandler.java:86)
at com.hazelcast.nio.SelectorBase.run(SelectorBase.java:146)

While run the test app is ok. I don't know the reason.
The hazelcast version is 1.9.4.8.Tomcat version is 7.0.25. OS is OSX
10.7.3 and ubuntu server 11.10. OSX with 1.6.0_29 jdk and ubuntu with
1.7.0_03 jdk.

Could some guys help me?

Talip Ozturk

Feb 27, 2012, 6:59:52 AM2/27/12
to haze...@googlegroups.com
Can you reproduce this issue easily? Does it always happen?

Do you have other hazelcast versions running in your network?

Are you using tcp/ip or multicast join?

-talip

asgard

Feb 27, 2012, 10:15:39 PM2/27/12
to Hazelcast
Yes,It always happen.
There are only one version hazelcast running in our network.
I'm using tcp/ip join.

Talip Ozturk

Feb 28, 2012, 11:54:44 AM2/28/12
to haze...@googlegroups.com