"Hazelcast instanceis not active!" error at Server side

ajay12...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016, 10:00:09 AM9/26/16
to Hazelcast, aman...@adeptia.com

Hi,

We are using Hazelcast in clustered environment with two nodes. Sometimes, we have network issue (for about 2 hours) between the two nodes. Once the network resumes at that time, we are getting following exception:

        com.hazelcast.core.HazelcastInstanceNotActiveException: Hazelcast instanceis not active!
        at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.proxyservice.impl.ProxyRegistry.getService(ProxyRegistry.java:65)
        at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.proxyservice.impl.ProxyRegistry.<init>(ProxyRegistry.java:53)
        at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.proxyservice.impl.ProxyServiceImpl$1.createNew(ProxyServiceImpl.java:74)
        at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.proxyservice.impl.ProxyServiceImpl$1.createNew(ProxyServiceImpl.java:72)
        at com.hazelcast.util.ConcurrencyUtil.getOrPutIfAbsent(ConcurrencyUtil.java:51)
        at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.proxyservice.impl.ProxyServiceImpl.getOrCreateRegistry(ProxyServiceImpl.java:110)
        at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.proxyservice.impl.ProxyServiceImpl.getDistributedObject(ProxyServiceImpl.java:118)
        at com.hazelcast.instance.HazelcastInstanceImpl.getDistributedObject(HazelcastInstanceImpl.java:390)
        at com.hazelcast.instance.HazelcastInstanceImpl.getMap(HazelcastInstanceImpl.java:192)
        at com.hazelcast.instance.HazelcastInstanceProxy.getMap(HazelcastInstanceProxy.java:75)

What could be the cause of this error and how we can resolve it? We are running on v3.5.

Thanks
Ajay

Jaromir Hamala

Sep 26, 2016, 10:07:04 AM9/26/16
to Hazelcast, aman...@adeptia.com, ajay12...@gmail.com
Hi,

I reckon there is a info about Hazelcast shutdown before this message? Can you try it with the latest version?

Cheers,
Jaromir

Aman Jain

Sep 27, 2016, 3:30:28 AM9/27/16
to Jaromir Hamala, Hazelcast, ajay12...@gmail.com
Hi Jaromir,

Thanks for your response, appreciated.
  1. Does latest version has any fix related to it?
  2. Can you please let us know if this is known issue or why this issue will happen after the network is restored between two hazelcast server nodes?
  3. On Hazelcast server node, why the instance would shut down on its own (during network outage)? Any scenario that could cause this issue?
Sometimes, we also receive following exception in our logs after network is restored:

WrongTarget! this:Address[EGEDIAPP01]:5701, target:null, partitionId: 228, replicaIndex: 0, operation: com.hazelcast.map.impl.operation.SetOperation, service: hz:impl:mapService]|EGEDIAPP01|
2016-08-07 20:03:11 com.hazelcast.spi.exception.WrongTargetException: WrongTarget! this:Address[EGEDIAPP01]:5701, target:null, partitionId: 228, replicaIndex: 0, operation: com.hazelcast.map.impl.operation.SetOperation, service: hz:impl:mapService
2016-08-07 20:03:11 at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.operationservice.impl.Invocation.initInvocationTarget(Invocation.java:288)
2016-08-07 20:03:11 at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.operationservice.impl.Invocation.doInvoke(Invocation.java:222)
2016-08-07 20:03:11 at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.operationservice.impl.Invocation.run(Invocation.java:262)
2016-08-07 20:03:11 at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.operationservice.impl.PartitionInvocation.run(PartitionInvocation.java:28)