Error while checking a key exists in Map

ajay12...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2016, 9:02:33 AM9/22/16
to Hazelcast

Hi

We are using Hazelcast in clustered environment, and using MapStore interface for persisting Map data in database. We are getting below error when we are checking a key exists in Map or not. Every thing was working fine and suddenly this error has started to come.

What could be the cause of this error and how we can resolve it? We are running on v3.5.

2016-09-20 16:55:42 com.hazelcast.spi.exception.RetryableHazelcastException: Map ConnectionMap is still loading data from external store
2016-09-20 16:55:42  at com.hazelcast.map.impl.DefaultRecordStore.checkIfLoaded(DefaultRecordStore.java:136)
2016-09-20 16:55:42  at com.hazelcast.map.impl.DefaultRecordStore.loadAwareIterator(DefaultRecordStore.java:208)
2016-09-20 16:55:42  at com.hazelcast.map.impl.BasicMapContextQuerySupport.queryOnPartition(BasicMapContextQuerySupport.java:82)
2016-09-20 16:55:42  at com.hazelcast.map.impl.operation.QueryPartitionOperation.run(QueryPartitionOperation.java:51)
2016-09-20 16:55:42  at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.operationservice.impl.OperationRunnerImpl.run(OperationRunnerImpl.java:137)
2016-09-20 16:55:42  at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.operationexecutor.classic.OperationThread.processOperation(OperationThread.java:154)
2016-09-20 16:55:42  at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.operationexecutor.classic.OperationThread.process(OperationThread.java:110)
2016-09-20 16:55:42  at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.operationexecutor.classic.OperationThread.doRun(OperationThread.java:101)
2016-09-20 16:55:42  at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.operationexecutor.classic.OperationThread.run(OperationThread.java:76)

Thanks,
Ajay

Ahmet Mircik

Sep 22, 2016, 10:17:45 AM9/22/16
to Hazelcast
Hi Ajay,

This means map loading is still in progress for some partitions, using EAGER loading can be a solution, in EAGER mode when getMap call returns you can be sure that all map loading finished and operations on map will not wait due to the map loading.

ajay12...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2016, 10:07:52 AM9/23/16
to Hazelcast
We are not using MapLoader Interface to load data in Map, we are loading map by our custom code on application start up, and application was running since a long time, we get this error suddenly,

Ahmet Mircik

Sep 23, 2016, 10:36:31 AM9/23/16
to Hazelcast
I see. A quick fix can be to use latest version (3.7.1 as of now). Since 3.5, we did some map-loader fixes. But to seek it further, you can create a github issue by providing your configuration and your usage, if possible with a reproducer.