com.hazelcast.spi.exception.RetryableHazelcastException: Map is not ready!!!

Patrizio Munzi

Jan 17, 2014, 5:29:18 AM1/17/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com

I started to have thousands WARNINGs, but I cannot understand why and I don't either have a way to debug them.

WARNING: [192.168.22.11]:5701 [htgamingdatagrid] [3.2-SNAPSHOT] Retrying invocation: BasicInvocation{ serviceName='hz:impl:mapService', op=com.hazelcast.map.operation.MapKeySetOperation@668ae7f7, partitionId=195, replicaIndex=0, tryCount=250, tryPauseMillis=500, invokeCount=100, callTimeout=60000, target=Address[192.168.22.11]:5701}, Reason: com.hazelcast.spi.exception.RetryableHazelcastException: Map is not ready!!!

Is there a way to get more detailed logs info??

Do you have any idea?

Christoph Engelbert

Jan 17, 2014, 5:34:25 AM1/17/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrizio,

As the warning states the map you're trying to access is just not yet ready (so mostly is still reading / loading data from database). When does that happen?

Chris

Patrizio Munzi

Jan 17, 2014, 7:06:54 AM1/17/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
is there a way to understand where I access the map from when it's not ready???
--
Patrizio Munzi
HyperTV

Christoph Engelbert

Jan 17, 2014, 7:15:52 AM1/17/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
What is your default way to access a map?

Patrizio Munzi

Jan 17, 2014, 8:09:09 AM1/17/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
this.instance.getMap(cacheName)

--
Patrizio Munzi
HyperTV

Enes Akar

Jan 17, 2014, 8:55:58 AM1/17/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
The logs are reported while you are trying to get all keys from the map.
Probably you have a keySet() call. This call is distributed to all partitions, and all partitions which has not loaded its data from map store can print these logs.

Enes Akar
Hazelcast | Open source in-memory data grid
Mobile: +90.507.150.56.71

Patrizio Munzi

Jan 17, 2014, 9:01:14 AM1/17/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
I'm using a single node.
How can I avoid this problem?

--
Patrizio Munzi
HyperTV

Peter Veentjer

Jan 17, 2014, 9:03:25 AM1/17/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
Can you create a test that reproduces this problem? This makes it a lot easier for us to figure out what is happening.

Patrizio Munzi

Jan 17, 2014, 9:04:36 AM1/17/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
unfortunately not because this happens only if I load a lot of data in hazelcast.
Unit tests do not have any problem

--
Patrizio Munzi
HyperTV

Enes Akar

Jan 17, 2014, 9:15:08 AM1/17/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
Logs are expected are warnings if loading takes much.
They just say that an operation waited much because the map load has not completed yet.
We can plan to decrease frequency of these logs.

But eventually your system starts running properly, does it?

Patrizio Munzi

Jan 17, 2014, 9:32:10 AM1/17/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
I don't know I thought there was an error with my code and focused on avoid those warnings.
A warning saying: Map is not ready!!! (3 exclamation marks) looks a little bit too scaring to me.
Is there a way I can control those log levels???

--
Patrizio Munzi
HyperTV

Patrizio Munzi

Jan 20, 2014, 1:37:40 PM1/20/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys?
Is there a way to disable this logs??

--
Patrizio Munzi
HyperTV

Patrizio Munzi

Jan 21, 2014, 9:30:40 AM1/21/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
The unharmful warning logs end up with an harmful exception:

2014-01-21 15:21:22.754 ERROR [com.hazelcast.cache.HazelcastCacheWrapper:107] Map is not ready!!!

com.hazelcast.spi.exception.RetryableHazelcastException: Map is not ready!!!
        at com.hazelcast.map.DefaultRecordStore.checkIfLoaded(DefaultRecordStore.java:133)
        at com.hazelcast.map.DefaultRecordStore.keySet(DefaultRecordStore.java:371)
        at com.hazelcast.map.operation.MapKeySetOperation.run(MapKeySetOperation.java:40)
        at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.BasicOperationService.doRunOperation(BasicOperationService.java:355)
        at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.BasicOperationService.access$1100(BasicOperationService.java:75)
        at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.BasicOperationService$LocalOperationProcessor.run(BasicOperationService.java:815)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
        at com.hazelcast.spi.impl.BasicOperationService$OperationThread.run(BasicOperationService.java:943)

What Can I do??
--
Patrizio Munzi
HyperTV

Enes Akar

Jan 21, 2014, 9:37:24 AM1/21/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
Ok looking at the issue. I will try to reproduce it. You initial load from takes time, am I right?

Patrizio Munzi

Jan 21, 2014, 9:39:10 AM1/21/14
to haze...@googlegroups.com
I opened a bug ion github. Here's https://github.com/hazelcast/hazelcast/issues/1593