Ownership of our drains and sewers

Polly Holbrook

Jul 4, 2017, 9:53:26 AM7/4/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com, Polly Holbrook
I have just been talking to the Water Board and asked what is the exact position regarding ownership and maintenance of our drains and sewers.  I was told that they own all the sewers and drains up to the property boundary except for downpipes. This includes where drains and sewers go under our houses.

If we have any problems regarding things such as blocked sewers/drains it is their responsibility 24 hours.  Telephone 0800 316 9800.

You probably knew all this but I was not sure.

Christine Thornton

Jul 4, 2017, 5:14:32 PM7/4/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Christine Thornton <thorn...@btinternet.com>
Date: 4 July 2017 at 18:19:04 BST
To: Polly Holbrook <pollyh...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Hayfield Road] Ownership of our drains and sewers

Thank you, Polly. I knew this but sometimes there is a long wait. Our block of houses was struck one Xmas eve and they said they'd come after Xmas. I got Oxfordshire Drain Services who came at once. We had to pay £7 or so ,I forget exactly ,per house. Their number is 01235 411657  and 07914593510.  They are good also for inside houses where we are personally responsible.
Christine.  23

Sent from my iPhone

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.