Daylight mugging in a local street

Catherine Robinson

Dec 19, 2015, 5:25:20 AM12/19/15
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Dear Neighbours

A couple of days ago a woman on a bike was mugged in daylight while cycling in Cox’s Ground (Waterways estate). A man seized her bag from the bike basket and ran off. The moral of this story is: don’t carry valuables in your bike basket.

I don’t want to be unnecessarily alarmist, but I recall that a few months ago a woman was robbed at knife-point in new Frenchay Road.

Fings aint wot they used to be.

Catherine Robinson
(number 12)

FM RUBIN

Dec 19, 2015, 5:33:18 AM12/19/15
to Catherine Robinson, hayfie...@googlegroups.com
About five years ago  a friend on a bike was followed by a person on a bike, who then took their laptop bag from the bike basket as they passed. But it was not daylight.

Possibly don't carry valuables and have antennae up and don't resist in situations that you mention.

Frances

Dec 19, 2015, 5:49:43 AM12/19/15
to FM RUBIN, Catherine Robinson, hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks  Catherine and Frances for the alert.  I tend to have my bag where I can hold on to it but if challenged I would let go - life is more important - money and goodies can be replaced.

Have a great Christmas in peace and happiness.

Kind regards

Rona