Graffiti

Christine Thornton

Sep 5, 2017, 4:40:00 AM9/5/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Wretched graffiti vandal ZUZ has trashed a length of new fencing on the canal opposite the garden of 21 and the willow tree. Does graffiti proof paint work on fences and where is it bought , I wonder ?
Christine. 23

Sent from my iPhone

Catherine Robinson

Sep 5, 2017, 4:57:35 AM9/5/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
I doubt that the graffiti-proof glaze would work on wood, Christine. It
works best on smooth surfaces, such as the lifebelt at the Frenchay Road
bridge that has also been defaced by ZUZ in the last couple of days. The
Chair of the Waterways Residents' Association (who is dealing with the same
bastard's attack on one of the canal bridge murals) can give advice. He is
Adrian Olsen at adr...@waitrose.com.

The volunteer working party convened monthly by the Canal & River Trust
would probably deal with the towpath graffiti opposite no. 21. Contact
Howard Buss, one of the local volunteers, at howar...@msn.com

Catherine Robinson
---
"HayfieldRoad" group.
email to hayfieldroad...@googlegroups.com.

Christine Thornton

Sep 5, 2017, 5:17:38 AM9/5/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Catherine

Sent from my iPhone

Alice Ogilvie

Sep 5, 2017, 5:20:35 AM9/5/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Sadly the artist has also been at work on the Aristotle canal bridge in the last few days.

Alice Ogilvie

Sent from my iPhone

Christine Thornton

Sep 5, 2017, 5:36:19 AM9/5/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Not artist, just miserable wretched vandal
Christine

Sent from my iPhone

Christine Thornton

Sep 5, 2017, 12:43:37 PM9/5/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Howard Buss <howar...@msn.com>
Date: 5 September 2017 at 15:51:59 BST
To: "thorn...@btinternet.com" <thorn...@btinternet.com>
Subject: FW: Graffiti

Hi Christine

You'll be referring to this masterpiece:

As a Waterways and Canal & River Trust volunteer, I'll ask CRT on Saturday week for their considered opinion and report back to you. However, the answer must be to plant a couple of shrubs in front of the fence to screen this mess from you. Paint soaks too far into the timber for scrubbing to be a solution, and overpainting would need to be in black to obscure ZUZ's artwork. I reckon this would offer him a tempting canvas on which to paint afresh. I wonder whether Dark Brown Cuprinol might be a compromise to avoid encouraging him further? CRT will have to tell me, since I have no official role in this.

For your interest - TSG on the left is the 'Tagging Collective' whilst ZUZ, or DR ZUZ as he's now calling himself, I believe to be a gentleman of 30+ years living in Jericho. As a result of that extraordinary email thread yesterday, I know that Oxford County Council, Oxford City Council and the local police are all aware of the Frenchay Bridge graffiti, but I think the problem is that the police need to catch him in the act.

By all means try contacting CRT yourself if you wish, but I'm afraid I have no particular knowledge of the best route. I'll let you know what my contacts advise after our meeting on the 16th Sept.

Best Wishes

Howard Buss