Progress

Christine Thornton

Jun 8, 2017, 3:33:48 PM6/8/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
We live in a conservation area and are lucky, but while protecting what we have from the Victorians this is not a museum. For future wellbeing as well as insulating our homes I think we should use green energy in the form of sunlight. Those of you who know can probably suggest what small, unobtrusive and efficient equipment we could have installed on our roofs .If we did it as a street ,with as many houses as possible included , they could match each other, we could perhaps get a good financial deal from a company, and we could use less fossil fuel.
Any ideas?
Christine Thornton. 23

Sent from my iPhone

FM RUBIN

Jun 8, 2017, 3:42:47 PM6/8/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com, Christine Thornton
I believe that there are many people who would support this view.
So it is coherent it needs everybody to 'buy in'.

LOCON could advise.
I've mooted this before. But told it would be impossible.
Let's see if we can prove the naysayers wrong!!

No 20

Let's see the interest and take from there!

Subject: [Hayfield Road] Progress
To: hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Date: Thursday, 8 June, 2017, 20:33
are subscribed to the Google
Groups "HayfieldRoad" group. Tell your
neighbours to join - all they have to do is send an email to
hayfieldroa...@googlegroups.com

To send to this group, send email to hayfie...@googlegroups.com

To unsubscribe from this group, send
email to hayfieldroad...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/hayfieldroad?hl=en

---
You received this message because you
are subscribed to the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop
receiving emails from it, send an email to hayfieldroad...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

J Dyson

Jun 8, 2017, 5:26:16 PM6/8/17
to FM RUBIN, Hayfield Road, Christine Thornton
I'd be very interested in solar. We had an electric cooker put in instead of gas with a longterm view of getting renewables on this property. It WILL come, one day, even in conservation areas. Anyway St Margarets Hall already has massive acres and acres of solar panels on its roof in Polstead Rd...

The thing is that solar needs a south or almost south-facing roof, so the even nos would need to have them on the road-side and the odd nos on the canal-side.

Best,
Julie

 receiving emails from it, send an email to hayfieldroad+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

 For more options, visit
 https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/hayfieldroad?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.

Jill Shankleman

Kevin Hilliard

Jun 9, 2017, 4:58:21 AM6/9/17
to Jill Shankleman, J Dyson, FM RUBIN, Hayfield Road, Christine Thornton
Christine's idea is excellent, and at no. 40 we'd be keen. We already have solar water heating on our east-facing roof, and would love to add solar electicity.
Kevin

*********

Jun 9, 2017, 5:04:09 AM6/9/17
to Kevin Hilliard, Jill Shankleman, J Dyson, FM RUBIN, Hayfield Road, Christine Thornton
This sounds like a good idea

Catherine Robinson

Jun 9, 2017, 5:22:11 AM6/9/17
to cynthia thielker, Kevin Hilliard, Jill Shankleman, J Dyson, FM RUBIN, Hayfield Road, Christine Thornton
Before we are all tempted to deface the streetscape with ugly solar panels, may I suggest that we compare the prices and policies of the various energy suppliers? With Co-Op Energy I pay (as a single-person household) £58 a month for my gas and electricity combined. (This is always more than I actually consume, so I get a refund at the end of every year.) How does this compare with other single-person households in the street?

Note that the Co-Op aims to obtain 75 per cent of its energy from renewable sources within three years, and has already ceased sourcing energy from coal-fired power stations. Full details at https://www.cooperativeenergy.coop/why-us/good-with-energy/

Catherine Robinson
Groups "HayfieldRoad" group. Tell your neighbours to join - all they have to do is send an email to hayfieldroa...@googlegroups.com

To send to this group, send email to hayfie...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/hayfieldroad?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.

Frances

Jun 9, 2017, 5:23:44 AM6/9/17
to BERGIN-CARTWRIGHT, Mary, cynthia thielker, Kevin Hilliard, Jill Shankleman, J Dyson, Hayfield Road, Christine Thornton
I can see the need for a......meeting..... To see how to advance beyond interest and thinking it's a good idea.
Plse could HRRA circulate to their list too.
Thanks
Frances

Ps. There are various bods we can enlist for realistic advice.
Re planning, financing. Etc

Sent from my iPhone

On 9 Jun 2017, at 10:12, "BERGIN-CARTWRIGHT, Mary" <Mary.Bergin...@oup.com> wrote:

I have been thinking about solar panels on the south facing extension roof, this sounds a brilliant plan, I’d be very interested to hear more.

Mary, no.82, Ox  511851

Email: mary....@oup.com

Jun 9, 2017, 5:27:09 AM6/9/17
to Catherine Robinson, cynthia thielker, Kevin Hilliard, Jill Shankleman, J Dyson, Hayfield Road, Christine Thornton
There are people who organise community energy purchase.
How organised can we get!

Sent from my iPhone

Christine Thornton

Jun 9, 2017, 6:09:35 AM6/9/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
I think there are more advanced and less ugly things than large solar panels. My combined energy bills, without going through the filing cabinet, are a bit higher than Catherine's but include my electric kiln. With Scottish and Southern. If coop does 75 percent we might do the 25 percent. But do they or is it just an aim ?
I think we should look into options as a street and without prejudice
Christine

Sent from my iPhone