Coffee Morning: Reminder TOMORROW Saturday 17th JUNE 10am—12noon.

1 view

J Dyson

Jun 16, 2017, 11:51:41 AM6/16/17
to Julie Dyson
Hello Friends and Neighbours!  — just a reminder about our Community Coffee Morning tomorrow 17th June — do drop in at 27 Hayfield Road for a coffee, tea and chat; biscuits and cake a strong possibility too..., and to raise money for The Contented Dementia Trust. There's a splendid bric-a-brac bring-and-buy too, and a sumptuous raffle!

If you have things for either, do drop them in today or bring them with you tomorrow.

Many thanks also to those who have already generously donated.     Best wishes, Julie and Mark

Full info:    Do come, even if you can only pop in for 20 mins or so - we'd love to see you!  We also welcome children. If you are elderly or infirm & would like help to get to No 27, we’ll try to arrange for someone to come & pick you up. If it’s sunny we can use the canal-side garden too

 ·  £1.00 entry for which you get a FairTrade coffee or tea, and biscuits. (Children, babies, toddlers free)

·  A Raffle - 20p per ticket, £1.00 for a strip of 5

· A Bring-&-Buy of bric-a-brac, jewellery, clothes, books, CDs, DVDs, plants, seedlings, cakes, pickles, jams & preserves, etc.

Charity: The Contented Dementia Trust, based in Burford, but operating throughout the UK and beyond.

In the Contented Dementia ‘SPECAL’ method the real person, their essence, how they truly are, is at the very heart of this 'person-centred' approach. ​The attached photo ​shows my mum Eileen as she really was — and deep inside still is of course.

Their methods of helping dementia sufferers and their relatives and carers changed the lives of my mother, father, sister, me and all the other — many — people who have cared for Eileen, our lovely mum. My sister and I continue to do all we can to promote Contented Dementia Trust's no-pills 24-hour-wrap-around-care dementia-care methods. — My lovely mum Eileen continues to be cared for in Contented Dementia ways by the wonderful welcoming loving care-team in St Cecilia's, Westbourne, Bournemouth. On their website

​(​
"Robert enjoying a singalong with Eileen".  http://www.stceciliacare.com)  ​there's even a picture of her in characteristic continued love of music, singing and performing: ​she was a star of musical theatre for fifty years, and was in Morecombe and Wise's very first  — live — TV series in the 1950's; her last stage appearance was in 2005 as Mrs Higgins, Henry's Mother in 'My Fair Lady'), and — of course — despite having found her few lines exceptionally hard to memorise, she stole the show!

​    ​

The photo attached shows Mum Eileen

​in her element ​
as Dolly Levi in "Hello Dolly".​

I am very happy to talk to anyone about the fantastic work of The Contented Dementia Trust, which runs one-day Family and Friends' Carers' training and help days in Burford — which I can't recommend highly enough.  (Do feel free to contact me 01865 513395 about this.)  http://www.contenteddementiatrust.org

Contact me if you have contributions for the Bring-and-Buy. You can bring them on the day, or drop them off at our house, or I can come and pick them up.

If you are a keen baker, or biscuit-maker do get in touch - we'd love to sell home-made cakes, and have home-made bickies with the coffee :).

​   ​
01865 513395 / 07866 145409.

Hope to see you

​tomorrow​
 Saturday 17th June!
​Best wishes, ​
Julie

NB allergies: we have a friendly dog – Wags from him!

PS. Any unsold items will be taken to the Mind Charity shop in Walton Street.

Eileen Hello Dolly Hitchen A Mouse clear pic img037.jpg