Cherry trees petition update

4 visningar

J Dyson

oläst,
15 maj 2017 16:44:362017-05-15
till Hayfield Road

Dear Neighbours,

On Friday I took the Cherry Trees / Aristotle House Petition to Wadham and met the Bursar, Peter Alsop. He invited me to the SCR and we had a very pleasant and thoroughly informal friendly chat.

Peter was impressed by the solid, physical 'paperness' of the the document, and was very interested to read all our comments. He is going to put the petition and the local resident's views 'into the mix' as he said, when Aristotle House is next discussed. I feel that's very encouraging. I hope everyone will be pleased to hear that!

He told me that there are no imminent plans to do anything to the site, but that when things start to happen the College will keep local residents fully informed.

Re. the current cherry trees, I have a small fact to add: I now notice that the cherries are forming only on the later-flowering, green-leaved cherry trees, not on the early-flowering purple-leaved trees. The secret of successful planting therefore seems to be to have more than one variety. Until this year I had never noticed that actually the fruit only comes on some, not all of the trees. Interesting.  Let's hope we get an interesting flowering fruiting mix of replacement trees, in the fullness of time...!

Thank you to everyone who supported the petition, and for all your useful comments and ideas.  They are all 'in the mix' now! 🌼🌳🌸🍁☺

Best,

Julie

Svara alla
Svara författaren