Hayfield Road original doors and windows design - anyone thinking of renewing?

FM RUBIN

Oct 24, 2017, 8:12:42 AM10/24/17
to Hayfield Road

Dear Neighbours

I am about to get  double glazed windows (upstairs back)  from Jack Brunsden.

My experience with them in a previous order has been very good. They are clear and professional and you know where you are at each stage. The product is good quality as well. Swings and roundabouts I believe they are competitive with other companies who may initially seem cheaper options.

I had my front windows done by another company because I wanted to replicate the original windows with the chamfered horns detail. (Rather than crude ogee detail that most others offer).

The chamfered horns is what should be used according to the Heritage Officer who advised us in the street assessment.

The integrity of design in our street depends on all these little details which make the coherent whole.

In discussion with Jack Brunsden it now transpires they can replicate original details.

This also relates to the front doors. The original door design, as can be seen at no 3 (original), or numbers 18 or 40 (new copies) can be copied exactly by Brunsden.

Are there any other neighbours who would be interested in getting a new 'original' door? if so, please be in contact with me at my email above or mob 07980648895.  There may be a way we could get a better overall price if several of us order together. I have not asked yet, but am going to request a surveyor to come and visit and measure my door.

Best wishes

Frances Rubin
no 20

P M Wells

Oct 24, 2017, 12:09:52 PM10/24/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Dear Frances,
Great information for our neighbours.
I think I have an original front door. Wasn't thinking of replacing it, but I'd be interested in the quote they give. must have a look at the door numbers you specify. I really don't like the modern doors people have put in...
best wishes,
Patsy
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.