Fw: Aristotle House - tomorrow's event

Catherine Robinson

Mar 22, 2018, 12:22:11 PM3/22/18
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Here’s a message from Councillor Liz Wade (in case you didn’t receive an invitation through your letter box). – Catherine Robinson

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:04 PM
Subject: Aristotle House - tomorrow's event

Dear All
I am pasting in an email from Makespace which gives some more information, and also invites us to tea between 4-5 p.m. - which I look forward to.  Please extend the invitation to other neighbours. It shoud be a nice occasion.
Best wishes
Liz

Dear Liz,

We haven’t met yet but I’m one of the co-founders and Directors at Makespace and wanted to add a little additional information to Nina’s helpful email below if I may, as I understand a few eyebrows have been raise by local residents this week in anticipation of the event on Friday night.

Regarding the invitation to local residents to come and view the space on Friday, 4-5pm, Nina and colleagues have put some posters up in the Deli and leaflets through the letterboxes of residents of Heyfield Rd, but if you’re able to spread the word more widely amongst local residents, that would be wonderful.

In the hour we will offer a warm welcome, tea and cake, a chance to hear about the brief history of Makespace, along with our aims and ambitions at 1 Aristotle Lane.

The evening event which you will have seen is being organisaed by Tandem Festival and which Nina refers to below, to offer a brief clarification and hopefully a reassurance, does not require a licence given the scale and nature of the event.

The music advertised will be mostly acoustic, just one act will be slightly amplified and music will finish by 10.30pm. Tandem is a volunteer-run, community group, this event will be small, intimate and relaxed and all the locals are welcome to come along and enjoy the music.

It may be also worth adding that the crowd Tandem tends to draw arrive by bicycle or public transport, therefore there will hopefully be minimal additional disturbance from traffic or on resident parking.

We would be happy to speak with you or any residents that might have concerns directly if it would be helpful. You can put them in touch with me on this email or invite them to call on the telephone number below.

Many thanks for your help in liaising with local residents so far and I look forward to meeting you     very soon.

Andy

Andy Edwards

Office: 0044 (0)1865 264191
skype: andytransition

twitter: @TransitionbyD

Liz Wade

Lib Dem City Councillor for St Margaret's Ward

28 Polstead Road, Oxford OX2 6TN

07984 602723

City Councillors Liz Wade and Tom Landell Mills, and County Councillor John Howson, hold St Margaret's Ward/Division surgeries at 11-12 noon:

on 1st Saturday of each month in the Anchor Pub

on 4th Saturday of alternate months (27 January/24 March 2018 etc.) in the Waterways Community Room (Rm 51) Clearwater Place, Waterways Estate.

You do not need an appointment. Just turn up!

unknown.png