Very weird man about: Women (cyclists) beware in north Oxford

J Dyson

Sep 19, 2016, 7:05:40 PM9/19/16
to Hayfield Road, liz.w...@gmail.com
Dear all,

A young woman friend of ours has just been accosted by a very weird white man in a black car, about 10.20pm this evening 19th Sep, in Farndon Road, as she cycled with bike lights on, towards Kingston Rd. He drew up close beside her bicycle and he called out to there that her bike lights were 'out / not working / not on' — one of these phrases. She knew her lights were on, but she didn't want to engage with him so said 'Thank you I'll fix them', and rode on. He passed her, and got to the end of the road, the junction with Kingston Rd, before her, waiting for her to catch up, and he spoke to her again, saying the same thing. She realised now that something was up, but said the same, 'Thanks I'll fix them'. Then she turned right into Kingston Rd. The car did the same and then came up really close to her bike, so close he nearly knocked her off, and she now could see into the car from the passenger side, and was very shocked to see the man, the driver, was completely naked.

He then drove off along Kingston Rd and away along St Margaret's Rd.

She arrived at our house very shaken, feeling very freaked out.

The Police immediately were called on the non-emergency 101 number, but treated it very seriously, and they sent a car to drive round the area straight away. Their advice to the young woman (& to anyone else this sort of thing happens to) was to call 999 immediately if she sees anything similar.  The Police haven't found the man in the black car — they just called to update us.

Please could you ask all the young women and girls in this area to be very vigilant and avoid quiet dark roads of possible. This man is clearly very weird and needs catching. Please forward to your local friends.

He is a white man, in his 30's she thinks, some kind of stubbly beard, overweight, quite fat. He had a British accent.  The car was black.

Thanks, all!  Take care, Julie