Canal Bridge murals

Catherine Robinson

Aug 4, 2017, 10:02:32 AM8/4/17
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Dear Neighbours

Here is a montage of photos of the new murals that have been painted on both sides of the Frenchay Road canal bridge. The installation of the murals, by a team of professional artists, was the result of a collaboration between the Friends of the Trap Grounds, the Canal & River Trust, and the Waterways Estate management committee. They depict the flora and fauna of the Trap Grounds Local Wildlife Site. The idea was (a) to deter graffiti taggers, and (b) to increase public awareness of the wildlife value of the adjacent Trap Grounds site. The images have been covered with a transparent glaze which enables any anti-social daubing to be wiped off.

The Friends of the TG contributed £500 to the total cost of the project. We welcome new members (annual subscription: a suggested minimum donation of £5).

Catherine Robinson
Secretary, The Friends of the Trap Grounds
Canal murals montage (Ian Curtis, August 2017).jpg

Suzanne Williams

Aug 21, 2017, 9:11:04 AM8/21/17
to Hayfield
Hello

Would anyone be able to recommend a tree surgeon?  Our pear tree is crumbling under the weight of its fruit..

Any suggestions most welcome,

Suzanne & Guy
70

Jill Shankleman

Aug 21, 2017, 9:12:31 AM8/21/17
to Suzanne Williams, Hayfield
Simon Ringrose, Ringrose tree surgeons has done good work for me.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.

Jean Bradlow

Aug 21, 2017, 9:12:53 AM8/21/17
to Suzanne Williams, Hayfield
Hi we used Jenks last year and they were excellent.

Best wishes Jean (63)

Sent from my iPhone

Christine Thornton

Aug 21, 2017, 10:22:11 AM8/21/17