Internet providers

FM RUBIN

Aug 31, 2017, 6:52:04 AM8/31/17
to Hayfield Road

Good morning neighbours

Anybody recommend an internet/phone provider

I have BT at present..

Virgin??

Preferably neighbours at southern end of the street as I think coverage can vary depending where you are located.

Many thanks for any tips.

Equally

Recommendations of person to check TV aerial.

Thanks again.

FR
no 20

Dima Pasechnik

Aug 31, 2017, 7:02:38 AM8/31/17
to FM RUBIN, Hayfield Road
Hi Frances

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:47 AM, FM RUBIN <fmr...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Good morning neighbours
>
> Anybody recommend an internet/phone provider
>
> I have BT at present..
>
> Virgin??

we do use Virgin for internet/phone.
It's not cheap but generally OK (it was even possible to get through
to a real knowledgeable person on one occasion they screwed up during
4+ years we use them), much better than out
experiences with BT or BT-dependent internet providers (these who use
BT network and thus also BT OpenReach as enineers).
Virgin uses its own fiber, so you are BT-independent with them.

Cheers,
Dima

> Preferably neighbours at southern end of the street as I think coverage can
> vary depending where you are located.
>
> Many thanks for any tips.
>
> Equally
>
> Recommendations of person to check TV aerial.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> FR
> no 20
>
> --
> --
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/hayfieldroad?hl=en
>
> ---
> "HayfieldRoad" group.
> email to hayfieldroad...@googlegroups.com.

Jonathan Clark

Sep 1, 2017, 2:56:15 AM9/1/17
to HayfieldRoad, fmr...@btinternet.com
Hi Frances,

As Dima says, your choices are Virgin with their own cable, or somebody who resells the services of BT Openreach. Why are you switching from BT? We use EE (for phone and broadband) and it has been absolutely fine for the last 2 or 3 years. We use their cheapest package and get broadband speeds of about 14 Mbps download, which is fine for us. That's plenty for watching TV, should you wish to use the iPlayer etc. Since we've not had a problem we don't know how bad their support is though.

No experience since 2006 with aerial suppliers though.

Jonathan

P M Wells

Sep 1, 2017, 5:22:45 AM9/1/17
to Dima Pasechnik, FM RUBIN, Hayfield Road
I like The Phone Coop, which is a co-operative, based in Chipping Norton,
always helpful tech people who explain stuff till I understand. (Good for
me, tech is not my natural mode.) Not the cheapest but I like them.
They have links with other co-operative enterprises too.
Patsy
No. 31.