Bothered about the massive increase in Hire bikes being dumped everywhere you look?

1 view

FM RUBIN

May 15, 2018, 3:13:12 AM5/15/18
to Hayfield Road, HRRA Committee General Address
I am all for bikes rather than cars..

but a level of bike anarchy has broken out in Oxford with this innovation and somehow order needs to be achieved ??

a friend hurtled headlong over her handle bars yesterday as two bikers on hire bikes veered either side as they came towards her..

and add to that..

Anybody concerned about the junctions (would-be roundabouts) near Oxford Hotel and the station. Seems to me this an area waiting for a messy disaster to happen before too long.

Happy days

No 20

May 15, 2018, 5:04:06 AM5/15/18
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com, HRRA Committee General Address
I lived in Amsterdam for a year - there in the centre you get perhaps
the densest cycling traffic on Earth (used to be in Asia, but it seems
that they got motorised there). Oxford is far, far from that, to get
to that level you need another 3-fold or so increase.

Naturally, it assumes more respect from the traffic participants than
one sees now in Oxford, from cyclists and from car drivers alike.
E.g. on Hayfield/Kingston/Walton cars speeding and overtaking cyclists
is pretty bad.
The most chaotic street is definitely New Inn Hall St. - with cars
parked so that pedestrians are tempted to jay-walk, and most do...

Bike paths and lanes are crap here (just look at these stupidly wide
walkways on Woodstock Rd.), too, as well as bike racks are badly
designed, and accommodate only half of the bikes (one can also have
2-level bike racks, by the way...) possible on the given space.

Oh well. Introduce a congestion charge for cars, and police the
cyclists on the streets... ;-)
> --
> ---
> "HayfieldRoad" group.
> email to hayfieldroad...@googlegroups.com.

Catherine Hilliard

May 15, 2018, 5:53:01 AM5/15/18
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com, HRRA Committee General Address
Councillor Louise Upton (Lab, North ward) is your woman - she is the city cycling Tsarina.
ch

> do is send an email to hayfieldroad+subscribe@googlegroups.com

> To send to this group, send email to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/hayfieldroad?hl=en
> ---
> "HayfieldRoad" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.

40 Hayfield Road,
Oxford OX2 6TU
01865-439319