Community Coffee Morning Sat 21st May, 10-12noon, for Trap Grounds & FarmAbility charities

1 view

J Dyson

May 8, 2016, 9:31:37 AM5/8/16
to J Dyson

Dear Friends & Neighbours,

We’re holding a Community Coffee Morning at 27 Hayfield Rd on Sat 21st May, 10 - 12noon, for two local charities, but mainly to give locals a chance to get together and chat!

Do come, even if you can only pop in for 20 mins or so - we'd love to see you. We also welcome children. If you are elderly or infirm & would like help to get to No 27, we can arrange for someone to come & pick you up. If it’s sunny we can use the canal-side garden too J

 ·  £1.00 entry for which you get a FairTrade coffee or tea, and biscuits. (Children, babies, toddlers free)

·  Raffle - 20p per ticket, £1.00 for a strip of 5

· Bring-&-Buy of plants, seedlings, cakes, pickles, jams & preserves, bric-a-brac, clothes, books, CDs, DVDs etc. - whatever you, in our community, can provide!

Charities:  The Friends of the Trap Grounds – the local nature conservation charity; and FarmAbility – the autism & learning disabilities charity at the University organic Farm (FAI) in Wytham.

Contact me if you have contributions for the Bring-and-Buy, or special super items suitable for the Raffle. You can bring them on the day, or drop them off at our house, or I can come and pick them up.

If you are a keen baker, or biscuit-maker do get in touch - we'd love to sell home-made cakes, and have home-made bickies with the coffee :).

01865 513395 / 07866 145409.

Hope to see you on 21st May!

Julie Dyson

NB allergies: we have a friendly dog – Wags from him!

PS. Any unsold items will be taken to the Mind Charity shop in Walton Street; unsold books go to Oxfam Bookshop.