Re: RECOMMENDED LOCAL TRADESMEN

Message has been deleted

Jonathan Clark

Feb 19, 2018, 5:38:02 AM2/19/18
to HayfieldRoad
Slightly modified list, following feedback.

Feel free to reply with additional recommendations.

Regards,
Jonathan Clark

There is a comprehensive and up-to-date list at  https://osneyisland.wordpress.com/directory-of-local-suppliers/

  • Putting up shelves, fitting doors, replacing light fittings and switches, installing blinds and curtain rails, assembling flat-pack furniture etc.
  • General maintenance work:
    • Chris Franklin of 16 Glyme Way, Long Hanborough, OX29 8JT. Phone  01993 881051  Mobile 07891766553
  • Painting and decorating:
    • Andy Spencer, Tel. 07809889918.
    • Andy Hood. "Excellent and very competitively priced."  07920 069465
  • Painting, plastering, small building work, etc.:
    • Rae Brown. "Friendly and trustworthy, not expensive." Tel.  07900 888318.
  • Builder/roofer/maintenance work:
    • Peter Doolan, roofer. "Skilled and inexpensive; also his son is a carpenter with a large team and equipment for anything." Recommended by Christine Thornton. 01865 849201; 07976546961
    • Nigel Honey of NCH Maintenance Ltd. "Helpful, skilled, versatile and not pricey." 01865 451 764... 07973 353 140; nchmain...@aol.com
    • Paul Hackett at P & R Roofing Ltd, Headington. 07836 687672. Highly recommended by J. Dyson and Jonathan Clark.
  • Plumbing:
    • Bigger plumbing jobs: Sharp & Howse Ltd ... Roy Barrett & Sons Ltd. (Marston)
    • Boiler service and plumbing jobs: Jason Galvin - 07890 786049
    • Drain problems: try Thames Water first – they might do it for free. Otherwise John Cox of Marston, tel. 07754600524 – "seems cheap and willing".
  • Carpet fitting:
    • Textures Flooring in Summertown (willing to move furniture)
  • Carpet cleaning:
    • Tony. "Professional, prompt and affordable." 07415855920.
  • Gardeners:
    • Sam and Scott Radley, father and son , £10 each per hour. Live in Yarnton. tel  07765876765
    • Robert Silverwood.  robert.s....@gmail.com Mobile: 07817 189 308
  • Window cleaners:
    • MRF Window Cleaning Services come to the road every 6 weeks. Oxford 777889 or 07887515168.

Christine Thornton

Feb 19, 2018, 8:30:16 AM2/19/18
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this list. Peter Doolan does roofing of any sort but is NOT  a general builder as on the list
Leighton Davies is excellent for plumbing and heating.
Sam and Scott Radley are willing, good at fences and hedges and tidying up but are not horticultural experts.
Christine.     23

Sent from my iPhone
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.

David 35

Feb 28, 2018, 4:34:10 AM2/28/18
to HayfieldRoad
Christine, is Leighton Davies primarily boilers or also good for general plumbing? David

Jane Roberts

Feb 28, 2018, 4:38:02 AM2/28/18
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
He does boiler installations but not general plumbing.
Jane

On 28 Feb 2018, at 09:34, David 35 <dgro...@gmail.com> wrote:

Christine, is Leighton Davies primarily boilers or also good for general plumbing? David

Christine Thornton

Feb 28, 2018, 4:38:30 AM2/28/18
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
He does it all and is very efficient, and his sidekick equally good. Much the best I’ve found, and a small firm so no VAT
Christine

Sent from my iPhone

> On 28 Feb 2018, at 09:34, David 35 <dgro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Christine, is Leighton Davies primarily boilers or also good for general plumbing? David

Jane Roberts

Feb 28, 2018, 4:41:35 AM2/28/18
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Well if he does, that’s new. I’ve had him for boiler/ heating system work for years and he wasn’t keen on general plumbing before.

David Groiser

Feb 28, 2018, 5:15:03 AM2/28/18
to hayfie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jane. Would you recommend anyone for general work, in particular investigating leaks? We're talking to Toy Barrett and Sons, but it would be good to have another opinion.
Best wishes,
David

On 28 Feb 2018 09:38, "Jane Roberts" <janexr...@gmail.com> wrote:
He does boiler installations but not general plumbing.
Jane

On 28 Feb 2018, at 09:34, David 35 <dgro...@gmail.com> wrote:

Christine, is Leighton Davies primarily boilers or also good for general plumbing? David

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.

Suzanne Williams

Feb 28, 2018, 5:27:32 AM2/28/18
to Hayfield

Hi David

We were impressed with this small firm – very helpful and not expensive (not Corgi registered but good for small plumbing jobs)

Aquarius plumbing

Rutten Lane, Yarnton, OX5 1LT

Telephone : 01865 513058

Mobile    : 07984 121743

Email     : enqu...@aquariusplumbingltd.com

Suzanne

From: Hayfield <hayfie...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of David Groiser <dgro...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 28 February 2018 at 10:15
To: Hayfield <hayfie...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Hayfield Road] Re: RECOMMENDED LOCAL TRADESMEN

On 28 Feb 2018 09:38, "Jane Roberts" <janexr...@gmail.com> wrote:

He does boiler installations but not general plumbing.
Jane

On 28 Feb 2018, at 09:34, David 35 <
dgro...@gmail.com

> wrote:

Christine, is Leighton Davies primarily boilers or also good for general plumbing? David

Groups "HayfieldRoad" group. Tell your neighbours to join - all they have to do is send an email to hayfieldroa...@googlegroups.com

To send to this group, send email to
hayfie...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/hayfieldroad?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.

For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Groups "HayfieldRoad" group. Tell your neighbours to join - all they have to do is send an email to hayfieldroa...@googlegroups.com

To send to this group, send email to
hayfie...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/hayfieldroad?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/hayfieldroad/3JtjS91-DIk/unsubscribe

.
hayfieldroad...@googlegroups.com.