Coffee Morning update: funds raised and fun had! And lots of sun too :)

J Dyson

Jun 17, 2017, 6:15:15 PM6/17/17
to Hayfield Road
Hello All,

I'm very pleased to be able to say that this morning's Community Coffee Morning was a great success, and with the beautiful hot weather it turned into a lovely chatty, neighbourly garden party which was really nice 😀🌸🌿🌹🏵

We had a Raffle with lots of great prizes, and two tables laden with bric-a-brac, clothes, books, plants... Wonderful!

We raised £115.20 in just a couple of hours for The Contented Dementia Trust to carry on doing their fantastic work of supporting families like mine when loved ones are smitten with this dreadful condition. I was very happy to raise awareness of the Trust and its invaluable work, too. Many people took a booklet and I have more if anyone would like one.

I'd like to thank the many kind people who generously donated items for the Raffle and the Bring and Buy, such as Heather who potted up some beautiful yellow-flowered plants, my sister for sending some items from Poole(!), Carlos for making delicious empanadas, and Zohra for the fabulous lentil-and-yoghurt snacks. We'd never had them before - they were a real hit!

And I would especially like to thank everyone who came this morning: absolutely super!

I have raffle prizes for some people who left before the draw - I'll drop by and let you have them.

We're lucky to live in such a friendly street, aren't we! 😀😀😀  My mum Eileen, who now has advanced dementia, and so can't join in with any of these lovely fun events, would be so happy to know she was "a part" of it today too.  Recent photos of her are attached.  Thanks Eileen, my mum, for being such an inspiration.

Very best wishes to all,

Julie

Mummy Eileen very animated at St Cs 2015 or 16.jpg
Mum jollly at St C.jpg

Bernard Davis

Jun 18, 2017, 2:29:12 AM6/18/17
to J Dyson, Hayfield Road
Once again, Julie, thanks for organising such a delightful occasion and what an excellent financial "result". More than anything, though, it was a coming together of friends, old and new, in your lovely garden setting, not to mention the "private" flypast of the RED ARROWS, high in the sky !  Now that WAS an impressive piece of organisation!

In addition to having the opportunity to catch up with at least a dozen of our "regulars" there was also the pleasure of having a good chat with a similar number of "new" folk too.  And then there were all the others who had left before my late arrival (sorry I missed them).  That's just the sort of informality that works so well for a summer gathering.  The raffle was fun too, with quite a lot of really nice prizes.

But none of these things happens by magic and there's always a fair bit of hard work behind the scenes, so I'd like to say a special thank you to EVERYONE who participated, in so many different ways,  and most especially to your mum and "Contented Dementia" for having been the inspiration for such a jolly gathering  Here's to the next event!   Warmest wishes,    Bernard        PS  Very nice pictures of Eileen.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HayfieldRoad" group.

mrh...@btconnect.com

Jun 18, 2017, 10:27:09 AM6/18/17
to J Dyson, Hayfield Road
Julie it was lovely fundraising event and the responses speak for themselves.
Well done!

PS
Pub Quiz at the anchor this evening if anyone can make it - 8pm.

James Harrison| Self Publishing Provider Oxfordfolio| Tel 01865 552324  | M 0785 550 4708 | www.oxfordfolio.co.uk

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/hayfieldroad?hl=en

---