OAuth Implementation

Sam MacPherson

Jul 11, 2014, 7:25:49 PM7/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Just a heads up I've added an OAuth library to haxelib. It's built off the older oauth1 library. I mostly updated it to Haxe 3 and modified to support OAuth2 as well. It's built cross platform, but sending the http requests are synchronous, so async targets need to be aware of that.

haxelib install oauth

PRs welcome!

John Plsek

Jul 11, 2014, 9:05:30 PM7/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I must've missed something. Trying to use it I get

C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib/oauth/0,0,1/oauth/OAuth.hx:4: characters 7-23 : Class not found : haxe.crypto.Hmac

Laurence Taylor

Jul 12, 2014, 4:11:42 AM7/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Juraj Kirchheim

Jul 12, 2014, 4:56:16 AM7/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Oh man, have I been wanting this for ages. Thanks heaps :)

John Plsek

Jul 12, 2014, 9:22:12 AM7/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Oh, so it doesn't work with release version of haxe. This is the one thing I hate about haxe, lack of information.

If it's released on haxelib, it shouldn't need a development version of haxe

Axel Huizinga

Jul 12, 2014, 10:10:11 AM7/12/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Am 12.07.2014 15:22, schrieb John Plsek:
Oh, so it doesn't work with release version of haxe. This is the one thing I hate about haxe, lack of information.

If it's released on haxelib, it shouldn't need a development version of haxe

A  dependency alert about the required version should be given at least.

Sam MacPherson

Jul 13, 2014, 11:10:36 PM7/13/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Yes sorry I forgot to mention this. I'll make this more clear.

Jason O'Neil

Jul 13, 2014, 11:39:33 PM7/13/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Nice!

Thanks for taking the time to do this and package it as a library.

As for the haxelib / haxe version thing, sadly Haxelib doesn't yet have a way to specify a minimum Haxe version.  Haxelib in general could use some love if anyone wants to volunteer to work on it and add these features which will make all of our lives a bit easier ;)

Sam MacPherson

Jul 14, 2014, 4:43:49 PM7/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I've released a new version on haxelib with Sha256 and Hmac dependencies included in the library. I'll keep those in there until they are available in a stable release of Haxe.