unzip zip multi volume file

Jordi Cerezo Formiga

Jun 11, 2017, 5:36:06 PM6/11/17
to Haxe
Hi,
I have a zip volume file from Test.zip to test.z18
Using haxe.zip.Reader.readZip i got Invalid Zip Data error!!!
Any idea or unzipping that kind of zip?
Thanks!!!

OvermindDL1

Jun 12, 2017, 10:30:04 AM6/12/17
to Haxe
As I recall (may be wrong) but the zip standard has no such thing as split file archives.

What I've seen done in the past though is that the labeled files like `z01`, `z02`, etc... are just split on byte boundaries and literally `cat`ing them into a single file in order restores the original zip file, so if that is the case for your file then you can do the same in code, just read it all in to one large contiguous memory block then unzip it from there.  Overall it would be best to use programs that make zip files that follow the standards, I.E. one large file, but if for some reason you cannot then splitting on byte bounds is perfectly sufficient, you have have to recombine it yourself.  :-)

Jordi Cerezo Formiga

Jun 12, 2017, 6:10:15 PM6/12/17
to Haxe
Hi,
I am woking on Sys.command and use PowerShell Expand-Archive on windows and gzip or something like that on osx
I think is the easy way to expand big large files, becase i am working with 10GB files split on 100mb zip, z01....
Thanks

Jordi Cerezo Formiga

Jun 13, 2017, 2:13:25 PM6/13/17
to Haxe
Hi,
If anyone need a solution i use a split zip file with 7zip
Then use:
Sys.command("copy /b file.* file.zip");
And after that
Sys,command("PowerShell", "Expand-Archive -Path src dest");
Thanks