type not found : haxe.enumtools

doombeard

Jun 22, 2016, 5:05:54 AM6/22/16
to Haxe
I've followed a getting started article on haxecoder ( http://haxecoder.com/post.php?id=9 ), but installed haxedevelop instead of flashdevelop. Then i created a new OpenFl project (same thing happens with a new HaxeFlixel project).
When trying to run this project, i get the following output : Type not found : haxe.EnumTools. Build halted with errors.

I installed Haxe through haxedevelop, but while the folder is on my system ( C:\HaxeToolkit ), the appmanager keeps listing the 'Haxe + neko' entry as 'new'. I also installed Flash player and Haxeflixel templates in this manner and these are properly showing up as 'installed'.
In tools -> program settings -> haxecontext -> installed haxe SDKs, the path is set to C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe, which seems as it should.

This error message happens with both neko and flash player as targets and both with debug and release settings. I've also tried running haxedevelop as administrator, but that didn't help. Googling for the error message ( Type not found : haxe.EnumTools ) didn't help.
Using a slightly older flashdevelop install i already had on my system (V 5.0.1.3) resulted in the same error message.

I uninstalled everything, then installed the whole lot again, and the error remains. What did i forgot, or do wrong?

Philippe Elsass

Jun 22, 2016, 5:44:56 AM6/22/16
to Haxe
AppMan doesn't know the version you have installed because it's a 3rd party setup.

OpenFL may need a more recent version of Haxe - do you know the version you have?
You may need to install the latest version of Haxe (you can go on haxe.org or use AppMan).

HD/FD can support multiple Haxe SDKs versions if you download haxe as ZIP, unzip in C:\HaxeToolkit so it will be like:
- C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe // default
- C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe-3.1.3
- C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe-3.3.0

Then in HD/FD you can go in Program Settings > HaxeContext > SDKs and add/remove entries.

Philippe

doombeard

Jun 22, 2016, 8:11:56 AM6/22/16
to Haxe
I used appman to install haxe, which gave me V 3.2.1. I downloaded the lastest version from the website (V 3.3.0) and that seems to have done the trick! The error is gone.

Thanks for the help.