Automatic build number?

der Raab

Feb 22, 2015, 5:28:34 PM2/22/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Does the Haxe compiler provide a way to generate a build number automatically?

I would like to include a simple integer within my sources and have that increment on every build...?

Franco Ponticelli

Feb 22, 2015, 5:32:12 PM2/22/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You can use a macro for that. Store the current version in a file and use a lib like thx.semver (https://github.com/fponticelli/thx.semver) to increment build/rev/...

Franco

Il giorno Sun Feb 22 2015 at 3:28:37 PM der Raab <goo...@derraab.com> ha scritto:
Hi! Does the Haxe compiler provide a way to generate a build number automatically?

I would like to include a simple integer within my sources and have that increment on every build...?

Fernando Serboncini

Feb 23, 2015, 9:48:06 AM2/23/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I have a similar code for including git hashes, just in case it makes sense to to you:
https://github.com/fserb/vault/blob/master/vault/Version.hx