haxelib special powers

Franco Ponticelli

Jun 7, 2015, 1:48:55 PM6/7/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that some libraries nicely expose a README.md and docs in the haxelib descriptions. What are the requirements for that? Are there other special powers we should know?

Thanks,

Franco

Mark Knol

Jun 11, 2015, 4:19:20 PM6/11/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know if you embed the readme.md in the haxelib zip it will get visible on the site.

Franco Ponticelli

Jun 11, 2015, 4:26:12 PM6/11/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I have it and it doesn't show up. Is it supposed to be case sensitive?

Il giorno gio 11 giu 2015 alle ore 14:19 Mark Knol <mark...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
As far as I know if you embed the readme.md in the haxelib zip it will get visible on the site.

Jeff Ward

Jun 11, 2015, 4:56:02 PM6/11/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Interesting.

OpenFL / hxcpp does not.

Downloading the .zip files, I notice that Flixel's README.md (and other files) are at the root level of the zip... hxcpp and openfl, the root only has a single folder which contains all files.

So, when you zip your lib for submission, are you puting README.md in the root, or everything in a subdir?

Best,
-Jeff

Jeff Ward

Jun 11, 2015, 5:00:24 PM6/11/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Your utest lib has it, and has README.md at root of zip:

I can't download thx.core for some reason, the download link the website provides (http://lib.haxe.org/p/thx.core/0.24.1/download/) returns "page not found".

Franco Ponticelli

Jun 11, 2015, 5:18:48 PM6/11/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
They are both structured in the same way, they both have a README.md in the root of the project.

Mark Knol

Jun 11, 2015, 5:41:14 PM6/11/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I asked jason in a github issue to document it.

Afaik it should be in the root of the zip.

Jeff Ward

Jun 11, 2015, 5:43:18 PM6/11/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I notice that very few libs have dots in the name (thx.* and kong.js), and those libs are not downloadable via the links shown on the page:

Results in:

All other libs download fine.

I'm guessing this is implicated (website downloads, unzips, displays README.md -- but it can't find those libs with a dot in the name.)

Best,
-Jeff

Franco Ponticelli

Jun 11, 2015, 5:44:32 PM6/11/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
That would make sense!

Franco Ponticelli

Jun 11, 2015, 5:45:46 PM6/11/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I reported the issue in the haxelib repo. Thanks!