About WWX2016

soywiz

Jun 1, 2016, 10:03:50 AM6/1/16
to Haxe
Hey guys, returned a couple of days ago from the WWX 2016. It was pretty cool. All your projects are really awesome! :)
In our case we had a pretty constrained schedule (airplane + tourist stuff), so we couldn't go to all the stuff we wanted: workshops and most of the talks from sunday.
Also I wanted to talk with some people, but it ended not being the case. Next year I will try to go again and fix that :P

Are videos from talks already available at youtube? I want to watch several talks I missed.

Justin Espedal

Jun 1, 2016, 10:19:42 AM6/1/16
to Haxe
I recorded the entire conference, plus the Kha workshop, and uploaded it all to YouTube to share privately with others who couldn't catch the stream live. I'm not sure if it would be okay to share the videos ahead of Silex Labs, and I don't want to step on any toes, but I'll send you a message with the link. And if the people at Silex Labs are okay with it, I'd be glad to share the playlist with everybody.

JLM

Jun 1, 2016, 10:44:15 AM6/1/16
to Haxe
Some of the slides have been posted by author on twitter etc.. I started collating them for my own reference see here:
https://gist.github.com/Justinfront/ad7c1f66c66e44286dc374c6007ce036

JB

Jun 1, 2016, 11:13:09 AM6/1/16
to Haxe
Hello Justin,
i could not attend the wwx2016 and  i'd love if you could share the links to some of the videos, it would be awesome.

Jean

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa

Jun 1, 2016, 2:16:56 PM6/1/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I don't think sharing those videos would violate anything, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Please do.

Silex will eventually release the others (it did take a loooong time last year), but we will decide what to watch based on quality, etc. For now, it's better than nothing, and I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.

Guilherme Medeiros

Jun 1, 2016, 2:34:45 PM6/1/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I couldnt be there, so Im waiting for those videos.
@Justin, if you dont mind, could you please share it with me?

Jack Lee

Jun 1, 2016, 10:02:44 PM6/1/16
to Haxe
I'm also very keen to see the videos. I would very much appreciate a link to the videos if you would be willing to share them :)

varomix WEY

Jun 2, 2016, 1:08:51 AM6/2/16
to Haxe
Hey Justin
I missed the hole thing, different time zones, it was all at night for me

please send a link of your videos, please please

thanks

Victor / tokiop

Jun 2, 2016, 5:37:56 AM6/2/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
thanks for recording the streams, would love to see the missed talks too !

Victor

Jonas Malaco Filho

Jun 2, 2016, 8:15:12 AM6/2/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I would also love to see the videos of the talks I missed.  Can you send me the link too?

Robert Konrad

Jun 2, 2016, 12:17:24 PM6/2/16
to Haxe
Me too, me too, please. Have to show some dudes what I've done.

David Granado

Jun 2, 2016, 12:19:26 PM6/2/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know roughly when Silex Labs videos are slated to drop?

Josefiene Pertosa

Jun 2, 2016, 12:38:27 PM6/2/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Me too, please!

Justin Espedal

Jun 2, 2016, 1:22:55 PM6/2/16
to Haxe
Well, uh... I asked Silex Labs on Twitter, and they liked my tweet so I guess it's fine with them!

I was up all night watching the talks on Saturday, so those are mostly split into individual videos. Was asleep/away for most of Sunday, so that's a couple of long videos. The only workshop I managed to get was the Kha one, unfortunately, so no Macro, Jive, or hexMachina goodness. Sorry!

Dan Korostelev

Jun 2, 2016, 5:13:15 PM6/2/16
to Haxe
That was fast, thank you very much! Too bad there's not all workshops, but still, great stuff!

Justin Espedal

Jun 2, 2016, 5:28:34 PM6/2/16
to Haxe
Yeah, the first workshop started an hour late I think, so I assumed they weren't being streamed and left to do something else. Then I started recording for Kha and went to sleep, and I guess the stream went offline after that so it missed the third workshop too.

Most of all I'm sad that I missed the Macro workshop, but I'm not even sure whether it was streamed or not in the first place. I'm definitely looking forward to the official videos being uploaded so I can catch what I missed.

Jeff Ward

Jun 7, 2016, 11:57:52 PM6/7/16
to Haxe
Hi all,

I was searching for certain talks in the long recordings, so I figured I'd post the direct links here for everyone.

Info copy/pasted from the schedule: http://wwx.silexlabs.org/2016/#schedule

Saturday

Shooting for the Moon: Haxe lands on Lua by Justin Donaldson - https://youtu.be/4z18ry0HKBc?list=PLyIetEt7wxr6yo_ARVaQv9UpeGbAYp_Z2&t=1446

pistahx : type safe, design first, haxe web api by Emmanuel Botros - https://youtu.be/4z18ry0HKBc?list=PLyIetEt7wxr6yo_ARVaQv9UpeGbAYp_Z2&t=4020

JTransc: Java and Kotlin everywhere through Haxe by Carlos Ballesteros Velasco - https://youtu.be/j4W_GEXE8TI?list=PLyIetEt7wxr6yo_ARVaQv9UpeGbAYp_Z2&t=62

HaxeUI Version 2 - Multi-platform, Multi-framework UI by Ian Harrigan - https://youtu.be/L8J8qrR2VSg?list=PLyIetEt7wxr6yo_ARVaQv9UpeGbAYp_Z2&t=10

hexMachina: Urban framework for hardcore developers by Francis Bourre - https://youtu.be/i77iNU5D4mY?list=PLyIetEt7wxr6yo_ARVaQv9UpeGbAYp_Z2&t=8

Highway to the external world: Generate externs programmatically by Andy Li - https://youtu.be/MV93OteOCrI?list=PLyIetEt7wxr6yo_ARVaQv9UpeGbAYp_Z2&t=68

haxe-dev: Tales from within by Simon Krajewski - https://youtu.be/msWUjTGH6w4?list=PLyIetEt7wxr6yo_ARVaQv9UpeGbAYp_Z2&t=0

Sunday

Kha Returns by Robert Konrad - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Q9TZxm_EE&t=155

Let HaxeDevelop do more for you by Hector Espeso - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Q9TZxm_EE&t=4316

typedef React = State -> View; by Philippe Elsass - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Q9TZxm_EE&t=8320

Using Haxe with Unity3D and node.js by Dan Korostelev - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Q9TZxm_EE&t=11865

Making the most of Haxe by Juraj Kirchheim - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Q9TZxm_EE&t=12840

Unreal.hx: Using Haxe with the Unreal Engine 4 by Cauê Waneck - https://youtu.be/WOK5m_D1gOc?list=PLyIetEt7wxr6yo_ARVaQv9UpeGbAYp_Z2&t=1022

Jive UI for mobile platforms by Maxim Bekhterev - https://youtu.be/WOK5m_D1gOc?list=PLyIetEt7wxr6yo_ARVaQv9UpeGbAYp_Z2&t=4244

Cheers,
-Jeff

Justin Espedal

Jun 8, 2016, 12:05:25 AM6/8/16
to Haxe
Hey Jeff,

I hope you saw that I included time stamps in the descriptions of the videos with multiple talks, and it didn't take you too long to find what you were originally looking for. Nevertheless, thanks for putting this together. It's definitely a more useful listing.

Jeff Ward

Jun 8, 2016, 12:19:26 AM6/8/16
to Haxe
Yeah, I saw those too late. :D But no matter -- thanks a lot for the recordings.

Francis Bourre

Jun 8, 2016, 1:15:57 AM6/8/16
to Haxe
Thank you so much guys, that's awesome.