cannot use haxeui

dương lê hoàng

Oct 11, 2016, 3:40:58 AM10/11/16
to Haxe
Hi everyone,
I using fd 5.1, haxe 3.2.1, lime 3.3.0, haxeui 1.8.21, when i compile with target html5, it have error
--macro:1: character 0 : Method extraParams not found on class lime.Lib
can you help me, thanks

Ian Harrigan

Oct 11, 2016, 10:28:53 AM10/11/16
to Haxe
Hi,

HaxeUI v1 is linked to openfl legacy (and is unlikely to change), there is a note on the ready me here: https://github.com/ianharrigan/haxeui

Important note about OpenFl/Lime

OpenFL has dropped legacy support in versions after 3.6.1. Since HaxeUI (version 1) is tied to legacy versions of OpenFL/Lime the following are the maximum versions that can be used with it:

  • OpenFL: 3.6.1
  • Lime: 2.9.1
HaxeUI version 2 doesnt have this issue, but its still in alpha as i simply havent had the time i would like.

Cheers,
Ian

Apr 26, 2017, 11:16:01 PM4/26/17
to Haxe
Hello Ian, I am a new Haxe user and I'm getting the same problem reported by dương lê hoàng.

I'm following the tutorial at http://haxeui.org/install_openfl.jsp

Could you please tell me what to do in order to fix the problem?

Thanks

Valentin Lemière

Apr 27, 2017, 6:20:43 AM4/27/17
to Haxe
These instructions are out of date.

You need to do `haxelib set lime 2.9.1` and `haxelib set 2.9.1`, and possible respond 'y' to the prompt asking you to install these versions.

--
Valentin
Message has been deleted

Apr 27, 2017, 5:19:51 PM4/27/17
to Haxe
Thanks a lot,
I think you guys should update it ASAP, many new users stop playing with it if they see errors happen on the very first tutorial.
Just trying to give some feedback!
Regards.

Apr 27, 2017, 5:25:38 PM4/27/17
to Haxe
I am getting other errors when entering `haxelib set 2.9.1`

C:\haxe testing\hello_world>haxelib set 2.9.1

Version : [here I manually enter 2.9.1]
Library 2.9.1 version 2.9.1 is not installed
Would you like to install it? [y/n/a] ? y
Downloading 2,9,1-2,9,1.zip...
Download complete : 243 bytes in 0.1s (1.3KB/s)
Error: Http Error #403

Tried multiple times with same result.

What do you think it's going wrong?
Thanks again!

Apr 27, 2017, 5:30:50 PM4/27/17
to Haxe
The documentation links for HaxeUI are also not working... :\

Valentin Lemière

Apr 28, 2017, 3:15:58 AM4/28/17
to Haxe
Sorry big typo, the second one should have been `haxelib set openfl 3.6.1`.

--
Valentin

Apr 28, 2017, 7:01:14 AM4/28/17
to Haxe
Ah ok thanks! But sadly I'm still getting errors... :

C:\haxe testing\hello_world>haxelib set lime 2.9.1
C:\haxe testing\hello_world>haxelib set openfl 3.6.1

C:\haxe testing\hello_world>openfl test flash

C:\Dev\HaxeToolkit\haxe\std/neko/_std/sys/io/File.hx:30: characters 20-51 : styles/gradient/gradient.css: No such file or directory
C:/dev/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/haxeui/1,8,21/haxe/ui/toolkit/core/Macros.hx:578: characters 24-60 : Called from
./Main.hx:11: characters 8-60 : Called from
Aborted

C:\haxe testing\hello_world>openfl test flash

C:\Dev\HaxeToolkit\haxe\std/neko/_std/sys/io/File.hx:30: characters 20-51 : styles/gradient/gradient.css: No such file or directory
C:/dev/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/haxeui/1,8,21/haxe/ui/toolkit/core/Macros.hx:578: characters 24-60 : Called from
./Main.hx:11: characters 8-60 : Called from
Aborted

I copied code from the tutorial at http://haxeui.org/hello_world.jsp and I used exactly the same file naming...

Ian Harrigan

Apr 28, 2017, 6:41:58 PM4/28/17
to Haxe
Hmmm,

I get even stranger errors:

C:\Users\Ian Harrigan\Downloads\hello_world>openfl test flash
Error: Could not find haxelib "haxeui", does it need to be installed?

:\Users\Ian Harrigan\Downloads\hello_world>haxelib install haxeui
You already have haxeui version 1.8.21 installed

Doesnt make much sense... :/

Im working on getting a new version of the website together, but progress has been slower than i would have liked. Out of interest, is there a specific reason you are going for v1 over v2 (https://github.com/haxeui/haxeui-core)?

Cheers,
Ian

Apr 28, 2017, 6:49:01 PM4/28/17
to Haxe
Hi Ian,

I really don't really know what I am doing. I am just following the tutorial steps. Just wanted to have a GUI up and running and say "ok, it works!"... before going further on with the language...

Could you provide me updated instruction to do so?
Thanks a lot,
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ian Harrigan

Apr 29, 2017, 7:13:09 AM4/29/17
to Haxe
Ok, so heres a (very) basic haxeui2 hello world app - doesnt really do much and there is only build files for haxeui-openfl and haxeui-html5, but i should be enough to get you going... It obviously doesnt show much of the features of haxeui2, but its a start. :)

Cheers,
Ian

Alfredo

Apr 29, 2017, 8:24:10 AM4/29/17