neko Socket output writeBytes is probably broken on Win

dlots

Feb 21, 2017, 12:41:33 AM2/21/17
to Haxe
I am using tora to send bytes between tora and flash. It is failing on windows in various way.

At a minimum this is the behavior:

1. Flash is specifying that a the received socket byte length is zero past my header. A la Bytes that I am sending at Tora Client output.writeBytes do not appear to be received on socket data of actionscript.
2. In some instances, Tora throws Custom(std@send_send_char).

I am working on setting up a debugging workflow but reading raw binary data on a local network devices on Windows appears to be a conundrum??

I am posting this thread in hopes of getting a better picture of whether anybody has run into issues with neko socket.c windows implementation and sending data on neko windows sockets.

Anybody have a workflow for parsing binary data on a local Windows socket?

dlots

Feb 21, 2017, 3:14:54 PM2/21/17
to Haxe
Dat feel when you change nothing, restart your computer and it works... It is almost certainly not broken. Was a flash issue most likely.