Is hashlink meant to replace neko someday?

Skyler Parr

Nov 30, 2016, 5:54:40 PM11/30/16
to Haxe
Hashlink looks like a really cool target and I'm excited to see it evolve. Is the plan to deprecate neko (in the far future) in favor of hashlink?

Nicolas Cannasse

Dec 1, 2016, 5:32:15 PM12/1/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
We will keep both HashLink and Neko targets support as part of the Haxe
compiler for now, at least until next major update (Haxe 4.0).

In the long term we will focus our efforts on improving HashLink VM.
NekoVM haven't been much updated in recent years, and HashLink is
already 10 times faster in many cases. However there are a few
limitations in HL for now, such as lack of threads support although that
something I'm planning to add in upcoming months.

Best,
Nicolas