Hats off to Nadako for its VSCode extension

Benjamin Dasnois

Sep 18, 2016, 9:56:36 AM9/18/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Just wanted to congratulate Nadako for the great Visual Studio Code extension he put together that is available at : https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=nadako.vshaxe

It really has everything you (I ;)) would need!

Regards,

Justin Donaldson

Sep 18, 2016, 2:58:02 PM9/18/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Seconding that.  Also, what does "Nadako" mean?

Chii Chan

Sep 19, 2016, 7:22:13 AM9/19/16
to Haxe
How much overlap does this have with the KodeStudio fork of VSCode for kha? Should i be switching if i am originally using KodeStudio?

Dan Korostelev

Sep 19, 2016, 9:44:30 AM9/19/16
to Haxe
Hey! Thanks a lot, but note that it wouldn't be possible without Simon and thanks to him and Jens (Gama11), it's improving a lot for the upcoming haxe 3.3 release!

Dan Korostelev

Sep 19, 2016, 9:45:24 AM9/19/16
to Haxe
воскресенье, 18 сентября 2016 г., 21:58:02 UTC+3 пользователь Justin Donaldson написал:
Seconding that.  Also, what does "Nadako" mean?

nothing really :) it's just first letters of my first name, my surname and the name of my mom :-P and it sounds japanese, haha

Dan Korostelev

Sep 19, 2016, 9:46:17 AM9/19/16
to Haxe
понедельник, 19 сентября 2016 г., 14:22:13 UTC+3 пользователь Chii Chan написал:
How much overlap does this have with the KodeStudio fork of VSCode for kha? Should i be switching if i am originally using KodeStudio?

AFAIK KodeStudio started to use vshaxe too, but I have no idea which version do they use nowadays.

Robert Konrad

Sep 19, 2016, 1:22:12 PM9/19/16
to Haxe
Aye, Kode Studio uses vshaxe and I bring it up to date every one or two months.
So, hats off to Nadako!

Andreas Mokros

Sep 21, 2016, 6:49:54 AM9/21/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 06:44:30 -0700 (PDT)
Dan Korostelev <nad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey! Thanks a lot, but note that it wouldn't be possible without Simon and
> thanks to him and Jens (Gama11), it's improving a lot for the upcoming haxe
> 3.3 release!

Just for my understanding:
Is this meant to completely replace the Legacy Haxe 3.2.1 extension?
Are there plans already to add these new features to other editors (e.g. Atom)
or to https://github.com/snowkit/tides?

--
Mockey

Dan Korostelev

Sep 21, 2016, 8:17:42 AM9/21/16
to Haxe
I think so, but it won't work with haxe 3.2.1, so that one is still very much relevant. See also discussion here https://github.com/vshaxe/vshaxe/issues/11

Are there plans already to add these new features to other editors (e.g. Atom)
or to https://github.com/snowkit/tides?
The new vscode extension is designed as a language server implementing "language server protocol" (https://github.com/Microsoft/language-server-protocol/) which is IDE agnostic, but i still fairly new and not well-known. I'm kind of waiting for client implementations to pop up for Atom/Sublime and others, then we theoretically can easily use vshaxe's language server with them.

Francis Bourre

Sep 27, 2016, 5:16:57 PM9/27/16
to Haxe
Yeah, congrats and thanks to you guys for the awesome work.