Document.body missing in 3.2.0

Andreas Söderlund

Mar 25, 2015, 3:20:06 AM3/25/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I was a bit surprised to see that body was missing from js.html.Document in 3.2.0. Bug or feature? Except for that, this release works great for me! Nice work guys.

/Andreas

Juraj Kirchheim

Mar 25, 2015, 3:40:02 AM3/25/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
With the new externs, Document now is a subset of HTMLDocument, which is what you really want.

Please refer to this issue for more context: https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/haxe/issues/4024

Personally, I don't explicitly use Document much, so I can live with that. The current state is not quite the optimum though. It does reflect the fact that in SVG documents there is no body, but then `js.Browser.document` will still tell you that you have an HTMLDocument.
If you can think of a better way to handle this, please do open an issue.

Best,
Juraj

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Andreas Söderlund <gaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was a bit surprised to see that body was missing from js.html.Document in 3.2.0. Bug or feature? Except for that, this release works great for me! Nice work guys.

/Andreas

Andreas Söderlund

Mar 25, 2015, 4:40:26 AM3/25/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I suspected it was a feature, thanks! I'm fine with that too.

/Andreas