New haxe-concurrent haxelib

Seb T

Aug 23, 2017, 10:12:44 AM8/23/17
to Haxe
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I am working on a haxelib that provides a platform-agnostic API for basic concurrency concerns. It provides thread-safe collection classes, a cross platform task executor/scheduler, etc. More info at https://github.com/vegardit/haxe-concurrent/

To ensure cross platform functionality I setup a Travis matrix build that executes test cases against all targets.

I am aware that esp. the collection classes have room for improvement performance wise.
At the moment my focus is on cross platform functionality.

Feedback is welcome.

-- Seb

Haxiomic

Aug 27, 2017, 3:59:00 AM8/27/17
to Haxe
Hey Seb,

This looks exciting! I'm keen to test out the C++ target in future projects. Do you think it'll be feasible to map this to JavaScript WebWorkers or are there fundamental limitations there?

Seb T

Aug 27, 2017, 3:51:19 PM8/27/17
to Haxe
Hi,

I am not familiar with the WebWorker API and it's constraints, but I will have a look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

-- Seb

Juraj Kirchheim

Aug 28, 2017, 2:38:10 AM8/28/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
WebWorkers are fully isolated, so effectively while there is parallelism, there's very little concurrency.