Quaxe: any open sourced code?

Seb

May 16, 2016, 10:06:04 AM5/16/16
to Haxe
Hi all,
as now Quaxe is not using haxe anymore, is there any code that will be open sourced?

Thanks

Jeff Ward

May 16, 2016, 4:13:18 PM5/16/16
to Haxe
I'd ask the Quaxe author, @glazou

michael solomon

May 17, 2016, 1:25:31 AM5/17/16
to Haxe
What about haxeui? It's look very promising!

Ian Harrigan

May 17, 2016, 4:18:01 AM5/17/16
to Haxe
Hi Micheal,

I will be releasing a HaxeUI2 alpha sometime after WWX, hopefully not too long after either - and it will be 100% open source of course. It wont have a massive set of components in the alpha (just basic ones that are already there essentially) but should be more than enough to start getting some much needed feedback! It the alpha will also support these backends:

* OpenFL
* HTML5 (native / composite)
* NME
* Flambe
* luxe
* Kha
* hxWidgets (wxWidgets - native)
* PixiJS

Cheers,
Ian

JLM

May 17, 2016, 5:14:40 AM5/17/16
to Haxe
Quaxe specific links.
https://plus.google.com/100887585476076589216/posts/D1t1UxLEd1b  I wrote about it but seems in never moved forward since then, an interesting start but not much more, and largely based on Hugh work.
http://quaxe.org/index.php?post/2014/09/30/WebKit-embedded-in-a-standalone-OS-X-app-you-could-write-in-ten-minutes2
https://github.com/therealglazou/waxe-works
https://github.com/therealglazou/waxe

HaxeUI is a far more interesting and useful project that evolved over the years to provide more and more support and tools for the whole haxe ecosystem.

You might also want to keep an eye on http://snowkit.github.io/mint/

But there are loads of more interesting project in the Haxe community than Quaxe, I would take any hype around it with a pinch of salt, the guy is just some CSS evangalist and who wanted Haxe to become his play tool rather than learn the full capabilities of Haxe and really understand the full potential of Haxe.

Victor / tokiop

May 17, 2016, 5:35:13 AM5/17/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Recent reply from Daniel from few days ago :
https://twitter.com/jonasmalaco/status/731316071676940290

On 16/05/2016 22:13, Jeff Ward wrote:
> I'd ask the Quaxe author, @glazou <https://twitter.com/glazou>

Robert Konrad

May 17, 2016, 1:38:25 PM5/17/16
to Haxe
One of the most important rules on the internet is not to get hyped about projects which start out with a lot of talk and very little code. Those almost always tend to end up nowhere.

Seb

May 17, 2016, 3:23:51 PM5/17/16
to Haxe
yeah for ui in haxe its better architecture i agree.
i would also like a Adobe flex like project, but its a huge task and haxeUI would need much more people on it to b a good project for apps.
but its very good start and usable for games, and simpler UI. maybe for mobile and tablets UI?

Seb

May 17, 2016, 3:27:39 PM5/17/16
to Haxe
@tokiop.
thanks, please keep up the request.
it would be just a waste that this code gets deleted, and lost instead of being usable in community.
it could be usefull to have better html parser, css parser, or virtual DOM in pure haxe.
btw do anyone has some news about coktail project which tried to have same strategy?
too bad he started new project instead of making cocktail better.

Seb

May 17, 2016, 3:31:53 PM5/17/16
to Haxe
@JLM
thank for the links.
i don't get too much hype on the project. and i don't think his project will have enough success, with ReactNative competition.
but as he will drop this code, it would be stupid to let it eleted instead of getting in the open source community.
theres a lot of work on it, and he knows well the standard, so it would be still usefull to have such tools in pure haxe.

i don't want to start a fight on quaxe and his author. i have my own opinion. now he left haxe so theres no useness of it anymore.
people leave, but code should stay :)

Ian Harrigan

May 17, 2016, 3:32:33 PM5/17/16
to Haxe
I agree that more people is better of course, which is one of the reasons im hoping to get an alpha out of version 2 as soon as possible. Im also hoping that V2 will not just be for simple apps, but rather quite complex, rich applications. Heres an demo of one of the backends running a *fairly* complex demo application: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26678671/haxeui2/html5/index.html

Ill be updating the other backends soon also - which shouldnt be hard as most recent changes have been to haxeui-core, but of course, time is not on my side (which is defo one of the issues).

Cheers,
Ian