Northgard Released!

Nicolas Cannasse

Feb 22, 2017, 5:55:14 PM2/22/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Today our team at ShiroGames have released our new Haxe game on Steam!

Northgard is entirely written in Haxe, using the Heaps engine and the
HashLink runtime.

You can look at it there, hope you like it!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/466560

Best,
Nicolas

Nico May

Feb 22, 2017, 6:00:05 PM2/22/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations! Awesome to see a released product using hashlink. Good luck with the release 😊 Nico

Guilherme Medeiros

Feb 22, 2017, 6:05:34 PM2/22/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
This game looks amazing!
Just bought my copy on steam and I will start playing it in a few minutes.

It would be nice to have an article about how this game was made, how Haxe and HashLink worked out for your team.
Reasons why to use Haxe, Heaps and HashLink instead of other things (yeah, you created it, but other indie devs might wonder the pros and cons).

Anyways, I got 3 coworkers really excited about tuhe game.
Unfortunately 2 of them are MacOS users and will have to wait a little more.

I wish you good luck and success.
Keep up the good work because I need to play it agains my friends!

dlots

Feb 22, 2017, 6:05:38 PM2/22/17
to Haxe
Really on point UI style and art style in terms of what the market would be interested. Wish you the best of luck in hitting evangilization and marketing nirvana. Your and the teams work and independent path (a la custom engine, not Unity) is very admirable and quite incredible.

The engine and mechanical quality of the UI looks really on point. I hope you can hit a sweet spot in terms of engaging and repeatable multiplayer mechanic with your engine.

Guilherme Medeiros

Feb 22, 2017, 6:20:00 PM2/22/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
According to Steam there are 1k players playing it right now!

Nicolas Cannasse

Feb 22, 2017, 7:14:38 PM2/22/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
> It would be nice to have an article about how this game was made, how
> Haxe and HashLink worked out for your team.
> Reasons why to use Haxe, Heaps and HashLink instead of other things
> (yeah, you created it, but other indie devs might wonder the pros and cons).

I'm a bit biased when it comes to compare Haxe with other techs but yes
I'm planning to write some tech article explaining our workflow and
results (when things have settled a bit).

Best,
Nicolas

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Feb 22, 2017, 7:30:40 PM2/22/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Is it going to be on Mac as well? I just (sadly) had to move over ...

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

David Elahee

Feb 23, 2017, 4:43:34 AM2/23/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Bravo! We wish a massive success!

Is it going to be on Mac as well? I just (sadly) had to move over ...

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

David Elahee

Bruno Santos

Feb 23, 2017, 5:03:16 AM2/23/17
to Haxe
Congratulations on the release and the amazingly good looking game.

Looking forward on the tech articles :)

Best,
Nicolas

我每天睡不着

Feb 24, 2017, 9:29:58 AM2/24/17
to Haxe
Is there a chinese version?

Porfírio Ribeiro

Feb 26, 2017, 6:18:58 AM2/26/17
to Haxe
The game looks great, i really enjoy this kind of games, will you release a Linux version?
Is there any big limitations about it to run other place than windows?

Vincent Blanchet

Mar 1, 2017, 3:52:47 AM3/1/17
to Haxe
Nice work!
And yes a linux version could be great :)

Vincent BLANCHET,
__________________________________
Developer
Skype : vincent.blanchet.info

Laurens

Mar 3, 2017, 12:58:36 PM3/3/17
to Haxe
Hey Nicolas, awesome work!
Would you recommend to use the HashLink runtime instead of hxcpp?
I wonder if the "Mark-and-not-sweep Garbage Collector" implemented with HashLink gave you better performance than the hxcpp GC.

Best

Chii Chan

Mar 3, 2017, 9:59:44 PM3/3/17
to Haxe
The game is very cool! Even the Yogscast featured it in one of their game videos! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrwPsNadkvc

Nicolas Cannasse

Mar 4, 2017, 4:57:24 PM3/4/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Le 03/03/2017 à 18:58, Laurens a écrit :
> Hey Nicolas, awesome work!
> Would you recommend to use the HashLink runtime instead of hxcpp?

That depends on your goal. Our primary focus was to get a quick
compile-and-test workflow while keeping quite good performances.
HashLink is a good balance for this, but you should keep HxCPP for
higher performances.

> I wonder if the "Mark-and-not-sweep Garbage Collector" implemented with
> HashLink gave you better performance than the hxcpp GC.

Right now the HashLink GC is slower than HxCPP, will continue to work on
it in the future.

Best,
Nicolas

Guilherme Recchi Cardozo

Mar 6, 2017, 10:02:43 PM3/6/17
to Haxe
Hi,

congratulations for Northgard, the game looks awesome!
Any plans on making HashLink work on Linux? Is it possible to manage multiple windows with HashLink?

Nicolas Cannasse

Mar 7, 2017, 1:58:13 PM3/7/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Le 07/03/2017 à 04:02, Guilherme Recchi Cardozo a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> congratulations for Northgard, the game looks awesome!
> Any plans on making HashLink work on Linux?

It should work on Linux although we didn't have much time to do testing
for now.

> Is it possible to manage
> multiple windows with HashLink?

Yes, the SDL API makes it possible, although I haven't played with it yet.

Best,
Nicolas

fulopm

Aug 1, 2017, 4:58:07 PM8/1/17
to Haxe

I love the game! Although, I can only play it from a VM, which is not too efficient. Do you have any plans about native Linux or macOS support? HashLink is platform-independent, isn't it?

Thank you, and keep up the good work!

paling

Aug 2, 2017, 1:52:17 AM8/2/17
to Haxe
The  great  game

在 2017年2月23日星期四 UTC+8上午6:55:14,Nicolas Cannasse写道:

Nicolas Cannasse

Aug 6, 2017, 10:01:57 AM8/6/17
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
OSX/Linux versions will be available for final release.
Best,
Nicolas